1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a new blog. Need advice on generating revenue.

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by dseer, Sep 30, 2008.

I've been delaying this over and over again and I've finally decided to go through with making a blog on a subject that I feel passionate about. Although it's probably not in my best interest to say what the blog is going to be about, I can say it is definitely geared toward a more informed, internet savvy group of people.

I have plenty to write on the blog I'm planning on creating and I've always known the importance of quality content. I don't really plan on making the blog just for profits but I feel it is quite important that I do make good money from the blog. I am just not sure -how- I'd make money off the blog.

I know there are many options I have for making money. Since the blog would be for a smarter audience, I don't know if ads would work best for me. I'm thinking the audience I am catering to wouldn't really be lured into clicking ads. I am aware that backlinks are valuable and I'd be able to sell space on my website but I am under the impression that it wouldn't really be enough.

I am a bit in the dark of what to do and would definitely appreciate helpful information to steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance everyone.

dseer, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  2. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With a smarter audience, you would find that your click through rate is low. But therein lies the use of volumes.

Let us say you get 10,000 visitors a day. If you get 10 clicks ( very conservative figure- I'm assuming a CTR of 0.001), that could translate to a dollar or so in revenue, depending on your niche. For thirty days, that would be $30.

If your site is more focussed towards reviewing products, then affiliate marketing is one niche you'd like to look at. Depending on the value of the product that you are selling, you could get a decent commission.

You could sell links and paid blog reviews, but an intelligent audience wouldn't like it. You'd earn decent money, but you need to ensure that the sites you are linking out to have something to offer to your audience.

gr8liverpoolfan, Sep 30, 2008 IP
    WebSolutions86 likes this.
  3. WebSolutions86

WebSolutions86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have quality content, make the users love your site.
    Give users what they want.
    For writing content, keep this in mind "just come to the point"

WebSolutions86, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  4. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Quality and unique content = Revenue :)

Start new blog using niche where you are expert. Try to update your blog with unique content frequently. It generates automatic revenue for you.

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 1, 2008 IP