1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Success with WordPress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Lastbutnotleast, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Uzi Levitovitch

Uzi Levitovitch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Me too...Some times while reading a ebook I have a feeling that authors simple get info from blogs, cut it down and present it to us in a book with cute design. Yes I agree there are many good books, but they are very rare. For example (forgive me I don't remember the author) - book about css/html design patterns - the author develop this theme alone and share it with us...not just copy/rewrite/paste :mad:

Uzi Levitovitch, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree much of it is regurgitated information, with the exception of a select few.

pipes, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  3. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    And the point is to share information on the few good ones ;)

Maybe "Sucess with WordPress" is not a good one indeed :)

Lastbutnotleast, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  4. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    The ebooks I read were, are much specific and focused to what I want to know about. Read Aaron's Seo book, Joel's Adsense secrets to name a couple. I do read a lotta books for the knowledge of it all, ebooks and books are the same. However, for set up related books, I just believe in experiencing the probs rather than avoiding them because in my opinion, it gives me experience which the writer of books experienced. Time is so short and technology have gone so forward that my phone is my one step solution to all. Hence reading hard books are not as viable as reading ebooks are because of the fact that I can take a dozen with me in my mem card.

Anyway, on topic I still think reading basic stuffs like wordpress installations or signing up with adsense or chithika or even the stupid payu2blog totally is not worthwhile. Rather I go for reading a specific book on chithika e mini malls for wordpress technology blogs! Lol. I just love going into the details, elements etc deeply rather than reading the almost same thing over and over and over again. Most of this ebook's info is everywhere in forums, blogs and places like that. Go deep! Lol.

godsofchaos, Sep 29, 2008 IP
    Uzi Levitovitch likes this.
  5. Uzi Levitovitch

Uzi Levitovitch Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is an opinion that you don't have to read books because its thoughts of another man and instead you should only read news. Well I don't know is it really right, but want to say that really useful books are those like bibles or cook book. They really helped me. Imagine book like wordpress bible. You will have all the answers in one place. Yes it might be a rewrite from blog but you will have it in one place. Or for example something like wordpress plugin cookbook where you will find different useful combinations of wordpress plugins and see what benefits you can gain.

Uzi Levitovitch, Sep 29, 2008 IP