1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone notice a decline in affiliate sales with U.S economy downside?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by domainer_10, Sep 28, 2008.

Seems like 3 months ago and especially 6 months ago it was much easier to make money on the same amount of traffic. It just seems like my sales have gone down. Not sure if its the time of year or if its because the U.S economy is seriously impacting it.

Anyone else notice a serious drop in affiliate sales for the same amount of traffic compared to a few months ago?

domainer_10, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  2. jaredgravatt

jaredgravatt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course Affiliate sales are going to decrease, with such a huge decrease in the financial confidence of consumers in the US consumers are naturally going to think twice before purchasing non essential items.

Because most of online purchases are luxury items (not essential) they are going to be hit very hard.

jaredgravatt, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  3. BenKel

BenKel Guest

Best Answers:
    Guess its time to start targetting the UK where their money is worth DOUBLE the us dollar

BenKel, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  4. MrLeN

MrLeN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or Darfur, or even Bangladesh.. Take your pick..

Anywhere is better than the US right now :(

The United States has been hijacked by elitist globalists who serve the New World Order. What is happening in the US right now has been done by design.

I recommend you visit www.prisonplanet.com -- because if you know what's going on in the US and around the world, it can help you with your affiliate targeting.

MrLeN, Sep 28, 2008 IP
    Jenna Appleseed likes this.
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No,in fact my sales is increase at exponential rate compare to last year.
    But my traffic is decrease may be due to the lack of the people come visiting my site.
    All the order is make by existing customer

mentos, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  6. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone else?

domainer_10, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  7. Faclez

Faclez Peon

Best Answers:
    Sales are fine, heck I am doing financial CPA leads, and they are killing right now. Help the sky if falling, New world order, lol love people like that.

Faclez, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  8. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The growth of online financial sales & a hurting economy are balancing each other out?

MarTh-, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  9. KarlMiller

KarlMiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually sales have increased and I expect them to continue going up in USA. More people staying home and shopping online to save on fuel or just because cash is tight. This is a great time to be a network marketer.

KarlMiller, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  10. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wonder how much traffic and websites you guys have though? If you guys only have one website or a few thousand visits a month kind of hard to get info from that.

Come on I have 22 different sites in about 5 different niches. Its down across the board so I think its a fluke in your guys cases. The recession we are entering has been slowing sales down over the last few months and sales ratio seems to have gotten worse over the last few months.

domainer_10, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  11. joyfuldesigns

joyfuldesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    I know my candle sales are down this year, which is odd especially this time of year. Yes, I'm seeing it in affiliate sales as well.

joyfuldesigns, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  12. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Finally a good answer. I think the other people didn't know what they were doing. If your bringing in tens of thousands of visitors across many niches you can't help but see it is harder to make sales for the same traffic. Its gotten MUCH harder especially the last couple weeks with everyone spooked.

13. jeffbeer09

jeffbeer09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate sales as a whole have not, and will not, fluctuate greatly. I have seen and heard of someone's sales going up, and others down. It's amazing, for truly I don't have a detailed answer for this, but affiliate sales have truly proven to be able to rise above the "physical economy"... I hate using that term, but it's true. Small businesses of 'brick and mortar' are seeing the hardest hits, and if those businesses that are seeing their end don't make a move onto the internet (that is, if it's optional and reasonable for their service/product's) soon, then the internet-based businesses will start to see even greater profit.

Just my thought on the current situation. :D

jeffbeer09, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  14. newmannewy

newmannewy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its harder and harder man.. ! seems no one spending.. or gambling :)

newmannewy, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  15. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

affiliate sales are just a reflection of the economy in general. If you guys can't see a decline its because you guys don't have enough traffic and sales to really notice the difference. When you don't got much to compare to, its hard to tell a difference. If you get sales reguarly then you would see a steady decline the last few months, especially recently, like I have.

16. jeffbeer09

jeffbeer09 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's all going to depend on your niche/market.

Not to be be intruding, but how significant has your decline is sales been?

jeffbeer09, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  17. craiggy

craiggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    My sales seem pretty consistent although it is the slow time of the year for North America and Northern Europe. Once the snow flies and everyone is at home on their computers sales should go up......If they dont then yeah it may be due to the US economy. But hey the rest of the world isnt in crisis, The internet is a global base....I think you will only see a downturn if your marketing is directed towards only US traffic. I think those whose markets are global will barely see much difference at all.

craiggy, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  18. MrLeN

MrLeN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The US is bankrupt. By the time elections come, people will be rioting. Mark my words. Also, it's not just the US that's in trouble. Other countries are pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into the flat-lined US economy in an attempt to resuscitate it. But it's not going to work. The UK has also has bank failures and the Asian markets are starting to fall. The US is a link in a global system.. I'd go as far as to say that it's the main cog. Once the paramedics give up on electro-shocking the US economies chest, the rest of the world is going to experience massive crashes and bank closures soon after.

MrLeN, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  19. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    There won't be riots, but im afraid there will be a possible depression hitting the U.S very soon.

I believe this is why http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWMmVIAtHAU

domainer_10, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  20. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Hard to say exactly, but its enough to make me start this thread.

domainer_10, Oct 3, 2008 IP