1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Presidential Debate Thread- McCain, Obama,who won?, who rambles off subject more?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by homebizseo, Sep 26, 2008.

1. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you saying she isn't? I hate reading Obama supporters attacking people's characters.

About the debate last night, Obama did very well. He was prepared. But he interrupted Mccain a ton of times. He kept saying, John, John John etc, etc. I thought that was rude of him. He also agreed with Mccain way to much. And the bracelet moment was weird...It almost seem like he didn't remember the name. He was like Uh, uh Sergeant, etc. Same kinda fake. Like he was preparing for mccain to bring out that bracelet remark, which made it even more fake.

azn_romeo_4u, Sep 28, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  2. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Then you should try reading McCain & Palin supporters attacking people's characters. ;)

lightless, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree he interrupted a lot, sometimes however that is how a debate goes. Agreeing with someone when you do agree is not a bad thing, it actually shows him being able to work with the other side, McCain never looking at Obama was the ultimate in rudeness.

The bracelet was weird, I'll grant you that. I am not so sure it was 'fake' we all have moments where it takes us a second to process something. I am horrible with names, I would have done even worse. McCain constantly talks about his 'bracelets' which IMHO is the ultimate in fake and using for political reasons. I don't believe either are truly necessary.

:eek:

GRIM, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Again....Closing the loopholes so that everyone pays their fair share, and changing bankruptcy laws so that you can protect your home.
    He is not taxing people over $250k more just closing the loopholes so they pay the same amount as everyone else.

Do you really have a problem with that ?

hmansfield, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I thought he planned on rolling back the tax cuts which would equate to a tax increase, or at least putting taxes back to where they were?

GRIM, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Exactly. I can understand how that would upset some people, but, the loopholes have been in place for a long time. If you haven't banked up yet, you were never going to.

We all should pay the same, minus deductions that are available to everyone, not just a few.
    We don't have a choice right now. Everyone has to pay based on their income.

If you make $1m, you pay based on $1mil, if you make $10k, you pay based on that.

No more making $45k and year and getting taxed at 33%, and people making $400k hiding under shelters and loopholes so they only pay 10%.
    We cannot afford those kinds of breaks anymore.

He's not raising taxes on anyone, he is just closing some of the loopholes that are only available to a certain few. Any deduction that is available across the board, stays.

Of course the logic of the people affected say's "My 10% is still more than his 33% since I make more".
    Logic of the little man says, "Why does he get to keep more of his income than I do ?"

the very same individuals, and corporations who have benefited from those loop holes and tax breaks, are some of the very same one's that are asking for a government bailout...with money that we never collected from them because they got a break. So they got a break, yet still need more money ! And it comes from the guy making $45k, that didn't get any breaks !

It's pretty crappy.

It's kind of like , "What did you do with the $10mil that you didn't pay in taxes over the last 5 years ?" The Answer: Showed more profit on the bottom line, and got a big fat bonus.

America is greedy, if you give someone a break, they will just pocket the difference. It does not work.

hmansfield, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  7. idigtravel

idigtravel Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Obama clearly hit the point home that the current policy of imposing sanctions and the silent treatment do not work. I think that Obama had the edge - and I too am looking forward to the debate between Biden and Palin.

idigtravel, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  8. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Clearly Obama won but the debate. I think it helped many voters feel more "comfortable" with him. It's obvious that if voters vote on the issues Obama will win, so what's most important now for Obama is that voters feel comfortable with him. His debate performance was solid and Presidential. McCain on the other hand couldn't get across any major points and he appeared quite angry. He just seems like a nasty old man to me and I think he comes across that way to many other voters as well.

More and more McCain and Palin are looking like the risky choice. Did you see the McCain/Palin interview with Couric today? Holy God: CRINGE.

I think Obama just needs to avoid any major mistakes at this point (and avoid being swift boated of course.) His lead looks solid in the polls and I'm quite confident he will do better than the polls suggest due to new voters & the cell phone effect.

Zibblu, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  9. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    "You don't announce you are going to attack another country" I know I am spinning this but it is such a dumbass thing to say. Why not just say we both believe in blowing the shit out of a country without a declaration of war and without warning just like good ol Bush does it.

earthfaze, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  10. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    We telegraphed both Desert Storm and Desert Shield to the whole world even set a date that the bombing would start. Bush came of T.V. and gave an actual date of Jan 15th when the attack would begin and updated the media with exactly how many troops were in place and what carrier groups were in position in the Pershing gulf.

If those weren't announcements, I don't know what is.

Since McCain supports the Bush Doctrine, which is kind of a violation of our membership in the U.N., I can see why he now say's this, and we have every right to defend ourselves against specific targets and attacks, but we are supposed to take it to the U.N to launch a full scale invasion of a country, just like we ask other to do.

Everything McCain says seems to be in direct contradiction to the truth and his own actions of the past. It's like he forget what happened over the last 20 years, or even 20 minutes.

hmansfield, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is not just closing loopholes, it is rolling back the tax cuts which no matter how you look at it, it will raise the tax rate of that bracket from what they are currently paying.

Loopholes is a different story all together.

GRIM, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  12. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    By raising the upper class tax or closing loopholes any way a person wants to word it, will raise goods and services on the middle class and poor. Obama's plan will crush the middle class.

Are you people believing the dumb crap Obama is saying?

homebizseo, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Homebiz the point is 'loopholes' is totally different than rolling back the tax cuts. I could be wrong but I believe Obama is for going after both.

I doubt it will 'crush' the middle class, some business will raise prices which the middle class will pay a bit more at the store 'everyone will', of which they will pay less taxes to the government.

Either way I don't like Obama's plan either, simply trying to correct the disinformation that taxes would not be raised, 'or taxcuts rolled back' it is different than closing a loophole.

GRIM, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Look where we are now ! It cannot stay the same. Taxes have to be paid to get us out of this.
    If it's too much to ask to pay the same amount as everyone else, then who is supposed to pay ?
    It's either the rich, the poor, or the middle class. you have to pick one, or make it fair for everyone across the board.

hmansfield, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  15. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    We need to drastically cut spending and keep the taxes where they are. The size of our government is out of control hmansfield. It is too big for the tax base and every income level pays too much in taxes.

The federal government over steps its boundaries and get involved, where it should be the local government or charities doing it.

Look at the head start program. That should not be federally funded. Why are we funding art and orchestrator. We shouldn't. It should be local funded if funded at all.

homebizseo, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds much like my point was in the past ;)

The feds take way too much from the locals, making the locals often times damn near powerless on items. Even though many local governments squander tax money as well. During the Clinton era of local surpluses 'at least by me' many of the local governments blew the extra cash they had.

After they blew all the extra cash they had, shit hit the fan and they were forced to raise property taxes. Now if they would have just saved that extra cash...

GRIM, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  17. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    FLORIDA: Obama 49 - McCain 43 pre-debate; Obama 51 - McCain 43 post-debate; OHIO: Obama 49 - McCain 42 pre-debate; Obama 50 - McCain 42 post-debate; PENNSYLVANIA: Obama 49 - McCain 43 pre-debate; Obama 54 - McCain 39 post-debate Friday's presidential debate
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x2882.xml?ReleaseID=1218

pizzaman, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  18. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Have the elections of 2000 and 2004 taught you NOTHING?

Crazy_Rob, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Saw this. Also saw that with "no toss ups" forced in electoral votes, Obama is trouncing McCain - 158 Electoral Votes ahead of McCain, whereas just yesterday, it was +64.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=10

McCain's ticket is hemorrhaging. I'd guess a positive civil war/bloodbath is taking place inside his campaign, although his capacity for meretricious parlor tricks, delighting a public lust for the same, isn't to be discounted.

northpointaiki, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  20. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    we have to wait but at this point i do not think Mccain can say or do anything to hurt Obama. a mistake from Obama camp is the only thing that might derail this.

pizzaman, Oct 1, 2008 IP