1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Error: Unclaimable Blog | Technorati

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by apondonet, May 15, 2006.

I am having a hard time claiming my wordpress blog at Technorati. I keep on getting the following message:

Error: Unclaimable Blog
    Sorry, the URL you entered is not claimable. If you feel that’s not correct, please contact support.

Error listing claimed blogs
    We are unable to display your list of claimed blogs at this time. Please try again in a little while.

I have emailed them at least 3 times in the last one week and all I have gotten back are autoresponder messages.

I have conducted several searches in Google but to no avail. This problem seems to be common but I have yet to find a suitable solution.

apondonet, May 15, 2006 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have been trying to get the same thing fixed for about 2 weeks now.

I have at least been talking to a person about it, but so far I cant get the problem resolved. Make sure you reply to one of their auto responses. That way you keep the same ticket number and you will eventually get a real person supporting you.

Its most likely not a problem with your blog, but rather a problem internally in technorati.

jestep, May 15, 2006 IP
  3. Catnabbit

Catnabbit Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having the same problem with one of my sites. The site was working fine and then one day it became "untitled" then I emailed and only got autoresponders so I tried to delete and re-claim it. and now im having this problem. How long did it take to get an answer from anyone Jestep?

Catnabbit, May 24, 2006 IP
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I took about 2 days once I replied to an auto-response message. Since then, I've conversed with them by email about 15 times and it was finally fixed. Probably took about 2 weeks total.

jestep, May 25, 2006 IP
    Catnabbit likes this.
  5. Catnabbit

Catnabbit Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll try emailing them again with my tracking number then. Thanks!

Catnabbit, May 25, 2006 IP
  6. Catnabbit

Catnabbit Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much jestep! Finally got an answer from technorati today. Emailing them again from the auto-response worked like a charm.

Catnabbit, May 26, 2006 IP
  7. Neezar

Neezar Member

Best Answers:
    My problem is same, but after i email technorati, technorati response my email and i can claim my blog.

Neezar, May 29, 2006 IP
  8. 26global

26global Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't heard a word back from technorati. I emailed several times spanning over several weeks and just got the usual autoresponse. There are quite a few people having this issue and there is absolutely no support from them. There support section is very vague and offers no relief. Uggggg

26global, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  9. apondonet

apondonet Peon

Best Answers:
    Replying to their support email probably got their attention.

In my case they never replied or maybe the email got eaten up by my server Spam Setup, but after replying to them I kept on trying to claim my blog and boom.....the other day I was able to claim it.

Then I deleted the claim accidentally and got back to square one!!

This time I didn't email them. Instead I did the following:

Picked up a Favorite Button from Technorati at this location - http://technorati.com/account/favbuttons.html and embedded it in the side bar. When I attempted to claim my blog it sailed through without any errors!

Odd but it worked and that’s all I care about.

apondonet, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  10. 3mice

3mice Active Member

Best Answers:
    i noted something interesting..

When i claimed a blog having a .com domain name everthing was ok. When I try claiming three blogs of mine that are have a .info domain name i get the error

3mice, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  11. evossman

evossman Peon

Best Answers:
    I see this has been a problem for over 2 years now. I actually deleted my claim for unknown reasons, and then I tried to reclaim it and I have been off and on emailing them without a response for the last 3 months. Sometimes I get an auto response sometimes I don't.

I am going to keep after them. You'd think after 2 years of people complaining they would have figured this one out.

Erik
    www.erikvossman.com

evossman, Jun 22, 2006 IP