1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$105 Stylish poster contest 48hrs only

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 26, 2008.

1. msi52

msi52 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    msi52, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  2. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here comes the feedback:

DaveyBoy: looks good and still one of my top favorites but at the same time I must say the competition is heating up. I think it looks a touch too busy right now. Perhaps if it had less logos but bigger. I love the background and I still think it would look better if you had a white rectangle behind each logo or behing each slogan. You know me, I am just providing feedback I am not yet requesting changes though obviously you can do these changes.

AbhishekS: I think your new design at post #20 is probably my favorite right now. It certainly is the design my wife likes the most. I really like those rectangles for the slogan. I may request some small changes but I usually ask for changes once I settle on the finalists.

msi52: thanks for the entries. They both look ok but they also look a little plain. I like more the horizontal one. I think it would look better if the logos weren't underneath each other. I also think that adding some rectangle background to either the logo or the slogan will make a positive difference. I am not asking for changes, I am just giving you my feedback.

proteindude, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  3. Tallum

Tallum Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello again, so this is my #5 entry:
    [​IMG]

Tallum, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  4. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    tallum: thanks for the new one but it's not going to work. I actually had a "checkered" poster done similar to your submission and it looked too busy somehow (too many squares). From what I seen so far I think I want something stylish and simple but not plain. I think something where you still have a red background and then just a small tweak which could be just a rectangular background for either the logo or the slogan. For example I really like how allofall at post number 10 (the bottom entry) did a rectangle for the slogan which while simple makes the slogan stand out a lot. The "checkered" look is a great intention but because I actually had the poster printed it just didn't work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually the checkered look seems to look better in photos than in reality. In reality it was way too busy.

5. allofall

allofall Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your Feedback

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feedback appreciated!

allofall, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  6. msi52

msi52 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for the feedback. will give you a revision soon.

msi52, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  7. ads2help

ads2help Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    so this ends tomorrow?

ads2help, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    allofall: thanks for the new entries. I think I like the top two the best. One thing is becoming clearer to me I think. And that is in order for the poster to look stylish which is something I want, I think it needs to have less logos on a line. Too many logos on a line, makes it look too crowded. So I think the "problem" with your latest entries (top two) is you need to have more space between the logos.

ads2help: I have no idea what time you're using because everyone is in a different country. Ideally I would like to finish this in about 48hrs from my first post. I may extend it for a few extra hours (beyond 48hrs from my first post) but it will only be a few extra hours because Monday morning (my Australian time) I have to give the artwork to a printer.

9. UKF_Kurtis

UKF_Kurtis Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My entry:

[​IMG]

Actual size:

[​IMG]

UKF_Kurtis, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  10. msi52

msi52 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback. here's more from me. something very different this time. hope you like it. modifications can be done.

one

two

three

feedback appreciated.

msi52, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  11. ads2help

ads2help Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for replying. alright my two entries: (I am not allowed to post link yet so i have to display the 1000x1000 picture here =.=, sorry guys)

[​IMG]

------------------

[​IMG]

proteindude likes this.
  12. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A couple of mods :

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Davey.

DaveyBoy, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    WOW, things are really heating up. Thanks for the new entries guys. Lots of new great elements of design.

UKF Kurtis: thanks for the entry. I was wondering when someone would come up with this simple idea of actually making my logo white on red. You're the first: well done. The only suggestion is if you changed my logo to white, you perhaps should have had a thin white border to define my globe which especially towards the bottom seems to blend together with the background. Other than the great idea of making the logo white I don't see that many positives. I think it looks a little crowded and perhaps this two lines of logo and then a single one of slogan doesn't work too well. Perhaps a line of logos and then a line of slogans?? Please don't misunderstand me: at this stage I am just providing feedback, I am not asking for changes. I usually ask for changes when I decide on the finalists.

msi52: thanks for the new ones. one: looks good but I don't like the idea of having the big logo at the top. Also I think it would have looked better with just a plain red background and then have the actual slogan in white rather than as a watermark. two: looks ok but not sure about the watermark slogan. I think it makes it look too crowded and the background should have been just plain red. Again, I don't like the big logos at the top. three: sorry but that is not one design that I like

ads2help: thanks for the entries. The one thing I like is the proteindirect part of mylogo really stands out because of that clean white border. This is about all I like. The world class proteins both in my logo and the slogan are hard to read because they blend in too much. Also the .com.au part is very hard to see. I am not sure about the diamond effect on the background. And one other thing: I am not a designer so I can't visualise this very well. You should have made it into an actual poster because as it is (an incomplete poster) I can't really judge it.

DaveyBoy: very, very stylish and I also like the fact you made my logo white. Making my logo white is not a requirement but I just think it looks good. I also think you should have done a white outline for the globe. The one thing that bugs me is that I have started to have doubts about the middle white banner. Don't get me wrong: it looks good but it makes me think it may be too much for the eye. I am now wondering if it is a good idea to keep it. Again it looks good but it just may be too much for the eye. the background looks very stylish and balanced by having a faint effect. I also like the white rectangle for the slogan: it makes the slogan so much easier to see. Overall, a very pleasant entry.

14. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for feedback Julian, I agree it could possibly be a little overpowering but I was just trying to add something to pull people towards your stall/stand/whatever you have ;) I did initially add the white outline to the globe but decided against it in the end. Obviously, that is something that can be edited without too much hassle. Glad you like it anyway mate

Also; my logo was white on red from my first entry, you mustn't have noticed lol.

DaveyBoy, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  15. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Davey, you're right. I didn't notice the first white logo. The thing is many of the entries are very similar which is very normal based on my requirements. I think in the end it will be the small touches that will make the poster look stylish and therefore win in the end.

16. ads2help

ads2help Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Incomplete? I made it a pattern so I can just repeat it for n times on any size lol. Anyway, thanks and i will make the changes

17. allofall

allofall Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for feed back

here it is:

[​IMG]

allofall, Sep 27, 2008 IP