1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Merchant Account for Make Money From Home sort of business

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by vipulkrgupta, Sep 26, 2008.

Hi Guys,

I run couple of websites which fall under "Make money from home", "biz opp" and "money making scheme" sort of website.

I am in dire need of a merchant account, Third Party Processors won't do for me because they offer no control over the refunds.

I am not located in the US. Can anyone suggest a good merchant account provider to me who can get me fixed up.

I tried a few international merchant account providers myself but a few raised their flag because of the above category my sites belong to, a few looked so shady with ton of negative reviews like Intabill and a few who approved me asked for insane rates!!

Regards,
    Vipul

vipulkrgupta, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  2. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    You're almost certainly going to pay insane rates because your product/service is so high risk. The chargeback rate will be enormous. Offshore high risk processors are your only options and they're never cheap.

stymiee, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  3. bedro87

bedro87 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes you can try plimus.com

bedro87, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  4. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Even if you were in the United States, most merchant account providers would not support your type of business because it is high risk. You should consider something else or re-write your business plan. Maybe some type of membership based website that offers different ways to "make money".

For example, if you sell something to a customer that says "You will make $10,000 in one month", and the customer does not make that money. He will want a refund, no doubt about it. And chances are he will cause the issuing bank for his money back. Now you have a chargeback and get too many of these and your chances decrease in getting a merchant account

Corey Bryant, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  5. vipulkrgupta

vipulkrgupta Peon

Best Answers:
    Plimus is good, I have used them. But they won't offer any control over the refunds. And honestly I need that for sure.

6. vipulkrgupta

vipulkrgupta Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Corey,

You are right. I have already taken that approach and have seen better results.

I got approved my a provider at 5.5% which is good but there is a whopping $150 chargeback rate. I am scared about that.

Now I will have to change my whole support strategy so that a customer never files a chargeback or I will be doomed :)

But this approval has given me a ray of hope so to speak. But now I will have to strive in getting a better chargeback deal.

7. vipulkrgupta

vipulkrgupta Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone share their expertise/experience with any high risk merchant account provider?