1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Day job full-time & business part-time?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JustRay, Sep 24, 2008.

How many of you are working a full-time day job and working your business part-time? Are your successes (or potentials) very much slower in coming or are they inundating you around the clock? With today's market, I don't know how a fresh starter can do it w/out the full-time job. Thanks for the responses to come.

Ciao!

JustRay, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  2. jpsense

jpsense Peon

Best Answers:
    I am doing full-time day job and working on my blogs and websites part-time. And earning extra around $400-500 per month from Adsense and link ads.

Initially I spent 3-4 hrs daily that is 4 yrs back and now days daily I am spending approx 1-2 hrs. I can do more but I am bit lazy guy :p

Hope this is helpful.

jpsense, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  3. StarkReality

StarkReality Peon

Best Answers:
    Full time affiliate marketeer here, but I can assure you that it takes a few years until you make enough to quit your job. It's no get rich quick, it requires work and experience, progress is very slow at the beginning.

That's normal, it's not 199x any more, there is alot of competition, in every single niche, so don't let the slow progress discourage you in any way...everybody claiming he made 100k the first year either didn't deduct the costs from the earnings or is simply telling you bullshit. Just make sure to make mistakes only once, but failures are an essential part of learning.

StarkReality, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  4. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am fulltime working, and blogging part time. am sure it is stopping me from growing it as quick as I like, but bills have to be paid and at the moment my blogging isnt making enough to cover them

richkid, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  5. forous

forous Peon

Best Answers:
    Full time now marketer. It takes a while and a lot of work. But if you are determine and don't quit, you will reap thew benefit.

forous, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  6. drbones

drbones Peon

Best Answers:
    I worked full time for a few years and worked on the web part time for about five years before finally taking the plunge and working entirely online.

Has worked out well for me.

drbones, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  7. glendowney

glendowney Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm full time blogging at the minute, not making much though. Only reason is that i'm unemployed at the mo so when I get a job i'll go part time as a blogger.

Just started my own online store and am doing fairly well with that so that might start making some decent money in a couple of years ;)

glendowney, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  8. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Full time internet marketer for a large company, part time affiliate/blog/whatever :)

Christian Little, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  9. nmmoody

nmmoody Peon

Best Answers:
    Going back and forth between both day job and full time marketing. Working on consistency with the internet.

nmmoody, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  10. Justin Cox

Justin Cox Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey nail it right on the head. You gotta start out working else where unless you have some crazy cash flow and can jump right in. domains service hosting cost money per month so keep on it and soon you will be like jpsense

but hopefully not as Lazy =)

Justin Cox, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  11. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    if you work at an office then you can get paid to work on your site

I still work a part time to keep afloat and to keep me busy making money and not spending it on vacations

ErikJ, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  12. viperxx

viperxx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a full time student and starting a business.

I started up by saving up much money and acquiring a loan from my family.

viperxx, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  13. carol.prime

carol.prime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Working in a night job and its full time. Im planning to have my part time, im still searching to a right company that is accepting part time applicants.

carol.prime, Oct 22, 2008 IP