1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Question: How do I transfer ownership of a domain name?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by arnold80, Sep 23, 2008.

I have a domain name which I registered to myself via godaddy for a business I was operating as a sole proprietorship. I've since incorporated and would like to transfer that name to my corporation. Does anyone know how I go about doing this?

arnold80, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  2. eautocad

eautocad Peon

Best Answers:
    call your registrant and ask them what their process is, they will initiate it for you.

eautocad, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  3. raedthakur

raedthakur Peon

Best Answers:
    ok here r the steps as i rember them :)

1)Go to the registrar's website where u want to transfer ur domain from godaddy.

2) initiate a transfer ... they should have links on domain registration page to transfer domains.

3) after u finish payment to the new regitrar ....it will send a request to the old registrar for approval

4) But before it send an request to transfer the domain ..it will ask a Request Code.

5) request code or simply code or website key or whatever code they call it ......is an alpha numeric code u can get by emailing or calling the support of the Old registrar in this case GOdaddy ..(i suggest u do this before the whole process coz this take around 2 days max....)It is different for every website and changed every time u transfer

6) after u enter the correct code ...ur website will be in a pending state of transfer for 3-7 days

7) in this period u may recieve email from old registrar to confirm the transfer ......Read the email carefully and then respond COZ a) sometimes they say if u want to transfer ignore the email and b) sometimes they say if u want to transfer reply to the email or click on the link ...So read properly and respond accordingly

Hope that help you with any doubt u had ...man i am tired of typing this ..

if u have any more questions pm me

raedthakur, Sep 24, 2008 IP