1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Content to get High Paying Clicks

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by keblack, May 23, 2006.

Does anyone know how to change web pages to get Google to use relevant ads that have high paying keywords ? I just bought a Keyword Country membership, so, I know the keywords with the highest average payouts, least competiton etc., but getting the page adjusted to get those correct ads seems almost impossible - for an existing site anyway.

I went to Google adwords keyword tool and selected Site Related keywords, typed in some pages, but Google seems to not recognize the same keywords I think they should ... https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

I have optimized the pages I am looking at with the main keyword in the H1 tage, title tag, description, first line, last line and on and on, but it doesn't seem to help.

Does Google take a while to adjust to changed pages, or am I missing something ?

Since I bought this membership, I know what keywords to target and what sites to build, but if Google will still not recognize pages for high paying keywords for whatever reason, this could get frustrating.

Anyone have any clues on what Google is looking for ?

This Adsense game does not seem to be as easy as I once thought.

Thanks very much.

keblack, May 23, 2006 IP
  2. superpump

superpump Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if you managed to optimize a page for high-paying ads, if you dont have google trust rank you wont get the big clicks. If it were that easy, then we'd all be doing what your doing

superpump, May 23, 2006 IP
  3. tweety

tweety Peon

Best Answers:
    it all takes some time

tweety, May 23, 2006 IP
  4. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    Google performs a lot more hand optimizing of sites than you would believe. For some reason many people here think Google sets pricing just on numbers and data and servers that spider sites all day long. That is totally untrue -- Google has a large number of data engineers who discover valued sites over commodity ones.

Read up on any of the BigDaddy "situation" and you see deeper that Google does a lot of work by hand to perfect their system. Keyword lists will fall apart once two huge items overtake them: time and time.

A site that pays the most is a site that has existed for a long period of time, and it is also a site that attracts good inbound links from other good sites over a long period of time.

Write about anything you want, but early on you'll just lose out, spin your wheels. Invest years, yes years, into writing about the same topic -- generate a lot of links from other people who are dedicated to their topic -- and you'll make out in the long run.

In terms of AdSense revenue, being the king of the crap pile is worse than being at the bottom of a pile of gold. The crap pile is any site that exists solely to generate revenue rather than generate sales for advertisers. Google looks at individual sites often to gauge their worth -- especially high traffic sites or sites getting high paying keywords. They'll chop most sites out of the running solely because they're junk sites made to try to trick people into clicks.

Don't worry about keyword lists or high paying words, worry about building a reputation of good links from other sites with a good reputation. The next 12 months will bring a LOT of AdSense publishers complaining about their payments going in the toilet. I'm glad to see this, because I see what sorts of sites are popping up runing ads.

In the long run, all the Made for Adsense sites will only display ads of other Made for Adsense sites: ringtones, celebrity news, and other garbage that will generate a penny a click or less.

dadasays, May 23, 2006 IP
    Trippen likes this.
  5. keblack

keblack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your replies.

I guess the books I bought from the Gurus making lots of money are not revealing the whole truth, so to speak.

Does all this mean that it is better to just put one adsense ad on each page, or just some pages of your site, instead of the 2 or 3 - I'm guessing we should also check the ads appearing to make sure they are relevant to the page content ?

I guess the long term approach should be to provide content rich sites. But, it's still tough to know where to place an ad or ads. What I have read is that the number one place is under the title on the page (under the H1 tag), but that makes the page look kind of commercial. Perhaps in the middle of the content, but with text wrapped around it (but, I think this will lower click through rates).

One more question : Are any of you using automatic article generators that add one page to your site per day - to get more targeted content. There is Article System, article miner, website morph etc. The only problem is that they auto generate the titles and descriptions and so the keywords of the articles are not really there (articlesystem.com anyway), but the whole title of the article is there - that can't be good for ranking I wouldn't think anyway. Anyone using these with success ? Or ...

It is best to include articles that you've written, of course. But, for other articles, add them one by one and add your own comments at the top of them and the bottom (plus add correct keywords, description etc.), so they are not duplicate content - instead of using an auto generator ?

Could auto generated content hurt you in the long run, even though it is actual articles written by people with their Bio at the bottom?

Thanks very much. This is a great Forum.

Have a nice week!

keblack, May 24, 2006 IP
  6. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    I think many of those books are great for beginners, but anyone saying that making money online is easy is lying, pure and simple. There is not one example of someone making money any quicker online than in real life. Not one.

It depends. In a topic market ("niche") that has a lot of advertisers that pay decently per click, putting more ads increases your chance of getting a relevant ad your reader is interested in. In most markets, though, there are many more advertisers paying a few pennies per click than dollars per click, so displaying many ads might leave you getting clicks that pay nothing. Sometimes it is better to reduce ads and get the highest paying ads only (say, 50 cents per ad in 3 ads) than it is to display up to 12 ads total (3 ad units 4 ads per unit) if 9 of those ads are 2 cent clicks. Only trial and error will help you find out if your market has higher paying ads -- and markets change every day!

Depends on your readers. My readers click more ads at the bottom of articles because they actually read my articles. I track my reader trends -- how many pages did they visit on my site? How many minutes per page did they spend reading? For some junk sites, placing ads near the top will get you a click because people just want to leave -- I would NEVER want that type of site.

You'll get search engine traffic but no repeat traffic. My best income comes from repeat visitors who are truly interested in my ads and my advertisers. I am redesigning ALL my sites so that the ads are labeled ads correctly, and I will work hard to make sure that my ads are relevant and that my readers are interested in buying from my advertisers. Doing that without violating AdSense TOS is difficult.

I don't think article generators are a good idea, though, because it means your site is NOT unique and why would you win out against those who have been doing it for 5-10 years?

Google is working hard to penalize sites that use other people's content.

I truly believe so. Google is becoming much more interactive with sites, and I believe part of their "smart pricing" system is actual Google engineers browsing the web and categorizing sites as "Original and Unique" versus "Made for AdSense." I have a friend who has been chasing MfA sites for about 16 months -- he made a KILLING for a year. Now his income is dropping like crazy (down 50% in April, down another 25% in May) and he's going nuts because he's been used to a good income. My sites, on the other hand, grow slowly but surely in income on a nice steady basis.

dadasays, May 24, 2006 IP
  7. peksmanDOTcom

peksmanDOTcom Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe adsense "gives" you the ads you deserve or something like that. If you're an established site, then you will probably get the high paying keywords.

That's my point of view anyway..

peksmanDOTcom, May 24, 2006 IP