1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC with Image ads instead of Text ads

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by SUB, Sep 18, 2008.

I know many of you use adwords for text ads but how is the conversion rate for banner ads.

Yes some people see banners as advertisements and bypass them, and yes they prefer to click on a text link ad rather than a banner because they will understand the text and it looks alot more natural on the webpage rather than the average baner.

But do you find promoting offers via banner reasonable because you pay for the impression or may be you make more conversions that way?

I just wanted to hear everyones take on the image banner aspect, the ups and downs, the advantages & the disadvantages.

SUB

SUB, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  2. RGguy

RGguy Peon

Best Answers:
    We cant compare Pay per click practice to Pay per impression stuff. Because the payment happens only when a prospect clicks in PPC. But on the other hand we are bound to pay for each time a visitor just view the banner (may or may not click ) . The typical banner CTR's are very poor indeed.

If it is with google.. we can expect the banners will be shown to the target audience.... but when it is out of google....... ( i mean some other publishers) god knows the site and network they show these ads to.

RGguy, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  3. SUB

SUB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you had any decent amount of conversions from investing on placements?
    If so what your ratio?

SUB, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  4. zk5182

zk5182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    looking for placement networks in your niche will work well ..image ads have not performed well for me , but I am experimenting with video ads at present

zk5182, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  5. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    i find that text ads do better.

narsticle, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  6. cato

cato Peon

Best Answers:
    What is considered a good click thru rate for image ads?

cato, Sep 23, 2008 IP