1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! My adsense earnings fall from $11 a day to $1 a day.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kenny1, Sep 22, 2008.

Back in early August, I was making an average of $11 a day. Now, I am lucky if I make $1 a day. I also used to average about 25 clicks a day and now I get less than 5. What is wrong with my ad placement? Anyone else have a decline in earnings recently?

My url is in my signature.

Thanks,
    Kenny

kenny1, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  2. dexter.ss

dexter.ss Peon

Best Answers:
    you changed your template... go back to the other one.

dexter.ss, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  3. kenny1

kenny1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but i feel that this template is much cleaner looking and easier to navigate than my last one. its more professional.

kenny1, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  4. chadgarber

chadgarber Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup. I was not making jack, now, I am really not making jack.

chadgarber, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  5. Francis Drake

Francis Drake Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know how your old template looked, but I can give you some hints:

- On your start page you have more than 240 links. WTF? That is way too much...
    - Over 200 links on a single page - still way too much, homes.
    - 336x280 on the very top of the page... Not a good idea. Place them somewhere IN your content, not at the very top.
    - Link block on top of the page: useless. I would place a link block only at placed where users expect a navigation. Right under the headline, or in the entry-footer in grey color.

just my 2 cents...

Francis Drake, Sep 22, 2008 IP
    cucumber likes this.
  6. kenny1

kenny1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how did you find out how many links are on my home page? also, the ad on the top of the page gets clicked the most. thanks for your input

kenny1, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  7. Vagabondette

Vagabondette Member

Best Answers:
    My feedback - your site loads slowly...really slowly.

The feedburner thing at the top is a waste of space. Put it at the bottom or on the side or something.

I think the adbox above where your posts even start is also too much. Your content doesn't even start until below the fold on my computer. If I don't see content when the site (finally) loads I'm not going looking for it, I'll just bounce out. What about doing a smaller ad unit on the top of the right column? Above your subscribe box?

The ads in between your posts - they look kinda like google ads, but there's no 'ads by google' sign on them and the format is strange. Watch that they're picky about you messing with their ads, particularly removing their name from them.

Your tag list is way too long and with only 1 tag for most looks kinda sad. Only list the top 10 with a 'more' link for the rest. Or do a drop-down. it also makes your columns REALLY uneven. Figure out how to even them up. Add some 125x125 affiliate links or something.

Your right columns end half way down the page. Either make the right columns longer or the left one shorter.

I would hide your followers, readers, etc until you have numbers to brag about. Low numbers imply that not many people think your blog is worth reading.

when I click on the Mansion Pics tab it takes me to a yahoo login screen.
    Mansion Floorplans takes me off your site. Do an open in new window link. Same with the luxurious autos (not sure why you would have that on a home site...).

Have your flash header only run once or twice otherwise it gets annoying...though since your content is so far down people probably don't see it for very long.

So, that's my $.02... Good luck! :)

Vagabondette, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  8. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how your traffic compared to that of early August?

i understand you feel this current template looks professional, but would you rather have this current template and get less clicks or the previous template and more clicks? yuo should use something that gets you the click, its that plain and simple

sultanofseo, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  9. MikePrice

MikePrice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about the traffic? is there any traffic decrease compare to previous?

MikePrice, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  10. newcity

newcity Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably need to place the Ads some other place and give it a test.

Also try changing your design to a better one and build more backlinks.

newcity, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  11. kenny1

kenny1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my traffic is a third of what it used to be, because search engine traffic has decreased. I feel that my previous design was very amateurish and too complicated. I rather optimize the template i have right now so i can get more clicks. where do you think the best places on my website are for placing ads?

kenny1, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  12. cport1

cport1 Peon

Best Answers:
    obviously search engines dont like your new site much. I would go back to the old template and simply update it.

cport1, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  13. Vagabondette

Vagabondette Member

Best Answers:
    When did you update your design? I noticed when I changed around my design it took several days for my earnings to go back up but now they're higher than ever.

I definitely don't think you have your ads optimized though.

Vagabondette, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  14. jeros

jeros Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats the condition of your SERP in majour Search Engines?

Any thing happened to that?

jeros, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  15. GhengisKhan

GhengisKhan Banned

Best Answers:
    It's just an answer you don't want to hear. Your lovely template is working against you. Although, you might be able to mitigate some of these problems by rearranging your adsense placement.

Yes, linkbar at the very top is useless, and I think Google doesn't like it placed up there.
    You can adjust the placement of the other 3 units.
    I assumed/hoped the 2nd and 3rd large rectangles were something other than google. If they are not, prepare for google's wrath. You have links directly above/touching these units "click here to see video..." "check out the listing here". If those are Google's units, they will ban you if they review it. Also, they should be blended. No black border, and not the grey background. Whatever they are, they scream, "I'm an ad! Please don't click here."

Further, I agree that the junk on the right is cluttered and distracting. I'd get rid of most of it. Put a link unit there on the right all by itself and it might get some attention.

OK, so I took another look and those are google units. You must change or delete them before google sees what you have done. Don't sleep until you have removed your ban-able violation.....good luck.

GhengisKhan, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  16. GhengisKhan

GhengisKhan Banned

Best Answers:
    Once you do rearrange the units, you might also try different colors. I think it's worth trying them in Google's standard blue/black/green and see if it helps or hurts. Sometimes it will surprise you. You might also try shifting those large rectangles to the right. Although you need to make many changes right away, after that you just need to experiment with one change at a time and observe the results.

GhengisKhan, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  17. mattjason

mattjason Peon

Best Answers:
    not pretty template .... have plenty of click
    look like professional template .... no click at all...
    its happen to me to... damn...
    now the idol site for me is http://plentyoffish.com... the template skin not pretty... but this guy making money..

mattjason, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  18. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "my traffic is a third of what it used to be, because search engine traffic has decreased"

Traffic = $$$. As your traffic has decreased, the amount of money you were making has also decreased which is normal. If you have made changes in your site, then I suggest you wait for some time and mean while get some backlinks. Try to get back your old place in SERPs.

angilina, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  19. minghuhuang

minghuhuang Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try change you ad placement.

minghuhuang, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  20. kenny1

kenny1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what things should i get rid of in the sidebar?

I placed a code inside the html of my template for the google ads that are shown after every post. i do not know where i put it, so i don't know how to delete it.

where should i put the link bar?

kenny1, Sep 23, 2008 IP