1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress.com Tags

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Letcha, Sep 22, 2008.

I've noticed that when you have a blog hosted at Wordpress.com (on a subdomain), your blog posts are linked to from the tag pages on wordpress.com. For example, if I wrote an entry having to do with beauty, and then I tagged it as a 'beauty' entry, it would appear at wordpress.com/tag/beauty/. Does anyone know if you can do this with if your Wordpress is hosted on an external domain? Perhaps there is a plugin or something that can achieve this? Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Letcha, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    No. You your tags on external blogs do not run thru wp.com, instead they run thru external services such as Technorati.

Dodger, Sep 22, 2008 IP
    Letcha likes this.
  3. Letcha

Letcha Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's ashame. Thanks for the reply!

Letcha, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  4. Letcha

Letcha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dodger, what do you make of this - http://inrepair.net/ - All of his tags go back to wordpress.com, and his posts appear on the corresponding wordpress.com tag pages. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Letcha, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    That blog is hosted by Wordpress.com using their own domain. Blogspot also has this type of service as well.

Dodger, Sep 23, 2008 IP