1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Look what happens when you buy a directory submission service on DP!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by wounded1987, Sep 22, 2008.

Those little sellers on DP that all they want is your money out of your credit card which most likely come from poor countries like India and China, will submit your site to directories, but they wont do it like they say they would. They always give false promises ;) - but that's another lesson for me for not to buy anything ever for cheap, on this or other forums.

I'm using a person who does submissions to directories, he has good rep and good itrader and posts but never the less my email box gets spammed with accept messages of submissions to crappy, non indexed directories, that looks like hell of a spam attack!

just a snapshot:
    So what do you think, will my site get banned from Google? yea there is such possibility. and who to blame? oh i forgot.. when you need them they never respond to emails. :cool:

wounded1987, Sep 22, 2008 IP
    hyper likes this.
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thats why you need to buy a real manual submission service.

Its always obvious by the prices. Those charging less than $10 for 250 submissions or so are usually scammers using an automated program.

mikey1090, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  3. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the dirs. that have approved your links looks like dir. network.

gauravgrt, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  4. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    I always use one of 2 DP members: they deliver what they promise, handmade submissions in a slow rate. It's not cheap, but i stay out of trouble. It seems mikey delivers a solid work, so give him a try and get it done properly.

scubita, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  5. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    still, PR0-PR2 directories doesn't have their internal category pages ranked and most of the time those pages rank as N/A which in that case they give no value as a back link. and even in 1-2 years who knows if those dirs will become popular. most of the dirs available to submit are PR0-PR2 and they take likley 50%-80% share of the all directory market.

6. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It truly sucks to see that happen.

It's the only reason why I've used DotComPals here on DP for 2+ yrs with complete satisfaction.

Prashanth is both reliable and professional about his services. I definitely recommend him.

an0n, Sep 22, 2008 IP
    gauravgrt likes this.
  7. valu

valu Peon

Best Answers:
    I never believe those promises that for a low price you can get 100 or even 1000 submissions. There is a lot of scammers here so beware who you pay to do your work.

You should ask for their references first, let them show you some high PR sites for which they've worked and I bet that they'll have nothing to show.

valu, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  8. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    We don't know that directory inner pages do pass no link value. People, me included, believe it's likely they wipe the toolbar PR to N/A to prevent link buying and selling.

mikey1090, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  9. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    in the bottom line i think it's what you want really to do.. focus on real marketing and gaining SERP traffic that will republish your site by word of mouth or you want to wait till those PR0-PR2 sites rank well in 2 years.

It's like all those domain buyers, think they can buy a domain for $10 and sell it for $5k - till he will find a buyer for $5k he could develop the site (if the domain is good) and make much more then $5k - it's all about the way you role and the business thinking you have in mind. Be a tortoise or a tiger...

10. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, if you do suffer from this as a result, you can only blame yourself, ive messed up a few times but i submit myself so i blame myself if it goes wrong.

Its too obvious that if your paying not that much that the person is hardly sitting doing it by hand, wont give you enough variation and obviously will include a few networks.

Cant really blame the other person, just learn from the mistake.

pipes, Sep 22, 2008 IP
    gauravgrt and pctec like this.
  11. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can show you a directory that has zero PR on the inner category yet manages to
    show up on the first page index listings to any site which is an indication that the link
    still has value or is counted and that the directory is strong. ;)

As for the submission services in DP....

If its too cheap then you got what you paid for :eek:

I recommend dotcompals or worldclick.com as they are affordable and excellent quality service.

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Sep 22, 2008 IP
    dotcompals likes this.
  12. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    @malcolm1, show me what you mean.

wounded1987, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  13. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  14. mysterylinks

mysterylinks Banned

Best Answers:
    that is a PR4 site... big difference between that and detentions.info - n/a : )

does anyone here pay for directory submission on hourly rate? get a person to work by the hour - not just using a bot?

Thanks

mysterylinks, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  15. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's better to pay for quantity in my opinion. Piece rates are better than time rates for this job I think. If you pay by hour the submitter could take their time to charge you extra. On the other hand they could rush the job if being paid per submission.

mikey1090, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  16. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right mikey, i completely agree with you.

pay by hour is of no use as lot more depends upon internet speed. speed of loading site and skills of user. It is obvious that a skilled person will do faster than any other and he will never accept that he is paid low bcoz of less time consumption and other one is paid high bcoz of more time consumption.

gauravgrt, Sep 23, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  17. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    "winter holidays submit" is not a competitive phraze, i think it has a really low rate of max of 10-100 searches a month on google if any at all. and besides i don't see zorg at any of the 100 first results.

If you can find a directory with a category n/a and that category page ranks for a related keyword which has some search volume, then i might take it seriously. but i think it wont happen.

Also that guy you mentioned, dotcompals - i'm afraid his directory lists are not that much updated, what kind of service is that.. anyway he gave like 430 dirs to me that claimed they are PR3+, only 196 were with that PR.

wounded1987, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  18. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the recommendation..have a couple of sites i dont have time to promote

templates, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  19. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    probably most of directory submitters at DP are scammers.

WallaceYeung, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  20. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    Why we are forgeting here that PR has nothing to do with SERPS.

gauravgrt, Sep 24, 2008 IP
    dotcompals likes this.