1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

yet another one..... banned.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by dball, May 22, 2006.

hi all, i have tried to search over the forum for the answer to this question but i came up with broken responses and decided to post to make sure.

i was banned from adsense a while back, i wont discuss that here because that is irrelevant.

i would like to know if my sister has a website of her own and would like to use adsense, will she be denied/blacklisted because she lives in the same household as me? (thus sharing same address, comp.)

thanks,

dball, May 22, 2006 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    She shouldn't be as she is a separate legal unit.

However if she is declined write them a business-like letter explaining that her sites are not maintained or managed by you (assuming that is true) and request a review.

It pays to remember that Google is running a business, you may be running a hobby site and hoping to make a few bucks, but for them it is big business and if you respond unprofessionally they won't look upon you kindly. Now you're new here so I don't know if that's relevant to you but I thought I'd make the point anyway.

sarahk, May 22, 2006 IP
    debunked likes this.
  3. Kngavl

Kngavl Peon

Best Answers:
    You must notify google that she is seperate from you as if you don't google will find that you live in the same household thus banning your sister under suspecion of being you.
    Notify google.

Kngavl, May 22, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do yourself a favor and find another ad network. Google will just find out and ban you again. Trust me, you'll end up spending all that time and effort only to get kicked out again and your earnings withheld. Move on to another ad network and try not to repeat your mistakes. ;)

jackburton2006, May 22, 2006 IP
    Kngavl likes this.
  5. kingdan221

kingdan221 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello there,
    don't worry about that. you can even place her ads on your website ;)
    my friend did that using his brother's account and he's doing great so far

kingdan221, May 22, 2006 IP
  6. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to use separate physical address. Change the spelling of the surname (if possible). Do send the request to Google from another IP.
    Many guys did this, and no kick-outs for 6-8 months.
    Jackburton, you should know the exact information before making frightening posts like you did.

Freddy81, May 22, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    "No kick-outs for 6-8 months."

LMAO. :rolleyes:

jackburton2006, May 22, 2006 IP
    debunked likes this.
  8. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, all I want to say - don't post if you have *nothing* to say on the topic.
    You don't have the facts, and post pure bullshit like this:

Freddy81, May 22, 2006 IP
  9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    The only bullshit I smell here is your promise that if he follows your advice on how to circumvent Google's ban system that he'll get his account back for at least "6-8 months" before he's caught and banned again. Yeah, that's real good advice there, chief. Way to go. ;)

jackburton2006, May 23, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  10. ravianz

ravianz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is the best way for you i think;

ravianz, May 23, 2006 IP
  11. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They may accept your "sister" as a publisher with no problems, but as soon as you put ads from her account one of the websites that got you banned, the clock will start ticking.

hextraordinary, May 23, 2006 IP
  12. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It astonishes me that there are still people getting a genuine ban from adsense.

dddougal, May 23, 2006 IP
  13. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats subject to double interpration.. it could also be understood as 7-8 months has gone by and they still havent gotten banned.

Seiya, May 23, 2006 IP
  14. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with using a separate physical address if you can but I strongly suspect that it's not going to matter much. Just ask your sister to apply for an account using a completely clean website. Apply using the google blog if you can, making sure that it's a genuine blog and not just one that's built to get an account. And if you really want to use the ads on your previously banned website, ask your sister to email google about it, making sure that the ads are implemented according to their TOS. Remember, no cheating! ;)

projectw3, May 23, 2006 IP
  15. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well for that to make sense then all those "Many guys" who "did this" would have to had started all at the same time, thus they haven't been caught yet 6-8 months later, according to your theory. But if they all started at the same time, why would he qualify that with 6 to 8 months later? Wouldn't he just say, "We've been doing this for 7 months now, and we haven't been caught yet", or something similar?

jackburton2006, May 23, 2006 IP
  16. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jack, some people don't care that they are con artists, they are just trying to find the next con. Some people are just too young to know the difference.

It seems we have some young people here who just don't understand that click fraud is STEALING and if that is what you are a part of I hope you get banned fast!

Now if you are trying to do thing legitimately, read the TOS and search this forum to make sure you play by the rules. Then I won't have a problem with you either, since I am also an adwords advertiser who hates being ripped off.

debunked, May 23, 2006 IP
    BlueDevilMedia likes this.
  17. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I have to further defend the advice Jack gave. Google AdSense isn't a game and neither is fraud. Its one thing if he really has a sister who is legitimately running a site and wants her own account.

Its completely different if you are defrauding Google (Yes, changing your surname so it doesn't match is fraud). You are starting to open yourself up to legal issues and whether it works for a few short months or not, its no way to runa business. If you are looking to sleep well at night and protect your income, commiting fraud isn't a great way to do so.

yfs1, May 23, 2006 IP
    debunked likes this.
  18. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Reading all the posts by those who got banned by google leads me to the conclusion that debunked stated.

Everyone who gets banned, is looking for an easy way to get an account and start conning adsense again.

Yeah, great advice given! Get your sister to get an account and put her ads on your sites.
    Instant ban and your sister will just love you for that one!

What is your age?
    Sister living at home with you, makes me believe you probably, and same with sister, not meet one minor requirement of adsense---legal age.

iowadawg, May 23, 2006 IP
    debunked likes this.
  19. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I'm going to add this to my signature!

Sorry Freddy81 most of us here at DP like long term success...meaning more than "6-8 months", so we tend to give advice based on this mentality. That hit-and-run attitude is one reason the web is full of so much useless information now. :cool:

BlueDevilMedia, May 23, 2006 IP
    debunked likes this.
  20. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    He is probably 16 and his "sister" is probably 10. ;)

NewToAllThis, May 23, 2006 IP