1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$40 S-I-M-P-L-E Postcard Contest 48hrs

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 19, 2008.

Hi guys,

I need a SIMPLE yet stylish postcard.

Requirements:

must include the logo which can be downloaded from here http://www.sendspace.com/file/d0kl2x

must include the slogan which is: world class proteins (this slogan must appear IN ADDITION and separate from the actual slogan which is part of the logo)

colours: I prefer MAINLY red and white (although some slight variations in colour also accepted).

must look professional

fonts: you can use whatever fonts you think are suitable but I personally prefer wide, bold impact making fonts

must have a world class theme, something that inspires trust/confidence.

you may want to use a picture of a globe or something similar to create this image of world class

size: this will be printed on a postcard. Size when printed will be: 210mmx99mm

format: landscape

I prefer entries to be on the thread but I will also accept entries via pm.

Winner needs to send the files in .psd

I always pick a winner. However, in the highly unlikely event I won't like what I see I will still pick a "winner" and I will pay only $20 but the "winner" doesn't need to send any files or anything.

Winner will be paid via paypal.

If you have any questions please ask.

Thanks in advance to all interested.

proteindude, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  2. designerboy

designerboy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    100% vectorial
    full scalable
    high res
    availible in .psd .AI .jpg .GIF
    hope you like it, feedback welcomed
    [​IMG]

designerboy, Sep 19, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All Done in Vector.
    [​IMG]

TightWad, Sep 20, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  4. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    designerboy: thanks for getting this started. I appreciate the entry but it's not what I am after. You changed my logo and I want to keep the existing logo. The rest of the design is a little plain and there seems to be just too much empty white space. This would need to be developed further to be considered.

tightwad: thanks for the entry. Looks ok but I am not sure why my globe (part of the logo) looks to have such an oval shape. It should be more of a round shape. Also the slogan "world class proteins" also needs to appear somewhere else on the postcard and not just as part of the logo. Good start but still needs to be more developed.

proteindude, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  5. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

6. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will send mine...when finished... off thread.

katesrobyn, Sep 20, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  7. offiri0

offiri0 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

offiri0, Sep 20, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  8. silent_thunder

silent_thunder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    okay here is my entry into the contest, I used protein and DNA as the two main themes for the design, I used that to create the lines

resized version of the original

[​IMG]

silent_thunder, Sep 20, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  9. mimico

mimico Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there, here are my entries. Hope to get feedback, thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mimico, Sep 20, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    tightwad: thanks for fixing up the logo. However, the rest of the design seems to me to be a step backwards. I'm not sure what to say other than it's not something I like and there seems to be too much white.

katesrobyn: thanks for entering this. I have seen some of your works in other threads and looks good. However, this time I don't think your entry is one of your best works. First of all you changed my logo (although you placed the original one in a corner). The slogan (world class proteins) is hard to read especially hard to read is the word proteins. Not sure about the green background. You're certainly a talented designer judging by your other entries but this is not an entry which is going in the right direction. I am sure you can do better.

offiri0: thanks for taking part. the word world is spelled wrong. The whole design is a little too simple and plain. You've done some great logos in the past and I believe the problem is this time you didn't read the instructions properly. I need something with a global theme, a world class theme. You need to concentrate on achieving this world class theme somehow (maybe a background with a picture of the globe/or the world map etc). Also too much white. Sorry but as it is, it's not an entry I am considering.

silent-thunder: thanks for the entry. First of all I needed a landscape format and yours is either a portrait or a square. The logo is hard to read and I am not sure about that man icon. The DNA doesn't seem to go well somehow. I need something with a global, world class theme and I feel your design is not achieving that.

mimico: thanks for the try but not something I am after. None of the designs give me the assurance I am buying some world class products. They both look a little amateurish.

Downry: thanks for the submission but not going in the right direction. You need to include the slogan (world class proteins) separately and the background would need a globe or a map of the world or something to create the idea of world class products.

11. silent_thunder

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    the landscape and potrait can be changed in seconds!! okay I will design a new one!! I think I know what you are looking for

12. silent_thunder

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    okay here is another design

[​IMG]

13. katesrobyn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How about this one?.... :)

[​IMG]

14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    silent: I appreciate the new concept but it's still not there. You seem to have changed my logo and I want to keep my logo as it is. Also I preffer something mainly red and white and there seems to be too much black. I am not sure why you placed a name and name. This is a postcard (marketing card) not a business card. While this is in a sense an improvement it still doesn't convey the image of world class products.

katesrobyn: Thanks for not giving up on me. I look forward to your new submission.

15. silent_thunder

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what change did i make to logo?? okay I dont know what you are after so I am withdrawing from the contest

16. offiri0

offiri0 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

offiri0, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  17. mimico

mimico Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback. How about this?
    [​IMG]

mimico, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  18. katesrobyn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    comment on my 2nd entry? so I would know, if I am getting there..............

[​IMG]

19. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Two more entries: Both Vector.
    (a)
    [​IMG]
    (b)
    [​IMG]

20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the new entries guys. I think the problem is with you not understanding what I mean. You can certainly design, it's just that you don't understand what I am after. Here's an example of what I call a world class theme. You can see the globe in the background and it creates the image of a world class product. This was done by a talented designer for one of my past contests and I do have his permission to post it here. Hopefully this will give you more of an understanding of what I am after.

[​IMG]

As for the feedback:

silent-thunder: maybe I didn't explain properly. What I meant is the logo does not look like my original logo. You can place my logo on different backgrounds, you can place it on an angle or whatever, but I just want my logo to remain as it is.

katesrobyn: thanks but still not heading in the right direction. Not a big fan of the black globe. Please look at my example above and hopefully you will understand what I am after. I know you're a talented designer. That is not the issue here. The issue is understanding what proteindude actually wants.

offiri0: thanks for the new one but same problem as katesrobyn. You have the talent but I am not sure you understood what I am after. Please look at my example above and maybe that will give you an indication. The current one is a touch too colourful and I want something more red and white mainly.

mimico: thanks for the new try. Unfortunately it's missing the world class theme.

tightwad: (a) you seem to have grasped the idea but the submission is still a little weak. Could work but the background and the slogan would need to be stylised a little more. (b) is not what I am after. That's an image of a city and I need an image of the world/globe. I hope my example above gives you a better indication of what I am after.

To anyone who has entered this contest or who is considering entering this contest: you can use stock images. Just indicate that and I will purchase the images myself. For example you may want to purchase a globe for the background. That is fine. Let me know the cost and if I choose your design will add it to the cost.