1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Home Page Content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Kapil Khaneja, Sep 15, 2008.

While Writing content for Home Page what points should be kept in mind, Specially the % of Keyword Density.

Kapil Khaneja, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  2. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ummm, the basic point is to write quality unique content without keyword density in mind. You should write it naturally for humans, search engines are smart enough to detect keyword stuffing and don't need keywords stuffed into content to understand what the content is about.

astup1didiot, Sep 15, 2008 IP
    poseidon likes this.
  3. alpharob

alpharob Peon

Best Answers:
    that is a good point, but density is still important minimum is 4% maximum 8% between 5 and 6 should be fine.
    to work out the density you need to multiply the total amount of words on your page by 4/5/6/7/8%.
    I'd personally recommend 5% so for example lets say you have 150 words in total the equation would be 150X5% =7.5 round up to 8 keywords.

alpharob, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword Density is NOT important... Do some research it's not 1997 SEO anymore these days.

http://www.e-marketing-news.co.uk/Mar05/garcia.html

astup1didiot, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dr. Garcia is one of my favorites but unfortunately he is talking in generalized terms.

Everything depends on competitive nature of the terms, that is why most blogs win SEO rankings for long tail keyword with nothing more than keyword density....

;)

Sem-Advance, Sep 15, 2008 IP
    ssandecki likes this.
  6. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that keyword density is NOT important. I have never focused on keyword density. Things like backlinks are much much more important than how many times you put a word on your page.

As for blogs ranking for long tail terms...that is simply because they used the exact long tail term on their site and perhaps in their page title. It has nothing to do with their keyword density.

vansterdam, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  7. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Sorry you misread.

I never said a site with a blog. I said blog.....

and yes many blogs rank due to keyword density, and no real links of value..

Want another misconception turned on its ear?? .....doorway pages still work too....

Research what you speak of before telling me its not possible.

;)

8. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Icheb, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  9. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    To calculate the importance of a word in a document, 3 variables are needed:
    • local weight: a calculation based on keyword frequency in this document. This variable can be calculated in many ways but not as a straightforward count of how many times the word appears in the document.
    • global weight: calculated based upon number of documents in index divided by number of documents with the keyword.
    • normalization: a calculation designed to remove the unfair advantages and disadvantages of document length. Usually you work to express the end values between 0 and 1.
    Can you please read the first paragraph back to me???

I think it says something about keyword frequency (Read: Density)

If you wish to curse me please do it in PM where I can respond to you properly. ;)

10. vansterdam

Best Answers:
    sigh....sem-advance will you ever stop spreading your bs? If you can provide an example where keyword density played any kind of role in rankings, I would believe you. You just deny what others say without any proof. Unless you know exactly how Google's algorithm works, who are you to say that these websites with blogs get their rankings solely based on keyword density.

11. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure man, here you go:

Since keyword density is JUST a straightforward count, it DOES NOT APPLY. Anything else I can help you with?

Icheb, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  12. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I did not say websites with blogs get their rankings based on keyword density.

Please learn to read.

What I said was

As for Google Algorithm... having helped build some of the first computer Algorithms used.... I am pretty sure I understand Google Algorithm.

AS such.... I have $2,500.00 that says you can't move any of my rankings out of their # 1 positions.

I do not use keyword based URLs either so it should be somewhat easier for you.

1st one has 250,000,000 competing pages....let me know if you think you could give it a go.......

Otherwise your the one full of BS and little to back it up,.....

;) I will be waiting for your PM ......

13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Given that you seem not to understand the English language I will post the following for you to learn from.

If you are not aware of keyword density, this is the percentage of times you mention any given keyword or keyword phrase within a given amount of content.

Now I suppose you will tell me that there is no keyword density scoring in the title or meta description tag???

:rolleyes:

PS no need to reply as I see I am apparently running into a stubborn dose of the need to be right.,...

I dont have that need so I will take my leave....

14. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    I was not aware of that, but could you repeat it once more so I can really learn it? Btw, why do you think I mentioned frequency before? Just curious.

Yup.

Go read the article I linked to earlier, maybe that will open your eyes.

Icheb, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  15. vansterdam

Best Answers:
    oh my god...somebody shut this fool up. He even had to lie about his quote.

Go read his first comment: most blogs win SEO rankings for long tail keyword with nothing more than keyword density....

Then he goes on to say that he didn't say that. What kind of idiot would make a fake quote? His quote does not appear anywhere on this thread.

Now he is trying to start a pissing contest over some rankings he may or may not have achieved on his own. What a joke. Get a life loser. hahahhahaha

16. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, I didn't even notice that. Good work!

Icheb, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Learn to READ
    And threaten me again in PM I love that......

you lame asshole

18. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to wiggle yourself out of that hole all you want, you are still contradicting yourself.

Icheb, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  19. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can't agree more, constantly ignored buy all these "SEO experts"!!!

monfis, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  20. Kapil Khaneja

Kapil Khaneja Active Member

Best Answers:
    Icheb and Sem-Advance I started this Thread just to Share and gather some Info but i guess i have just flagged a Boxing Bout. But its going interesting apart from the Language being Used here.

Kapil Khaneja, Sep 16, 2008 IP