1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Hahaha - you know, I wondered that, and should have gone on first instinct. :D

It is pretty funny - like those endless hells of e-mail exchanges, saying "thanks" and "take it easy" that invoke "thank you, too," and "take it easy yourself" over infinite cycles.

OK, I'm hanging up now...:D

northpointaiki, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm that kind of goes against the point of him not bowing down to Republican pressure, marching to his own beat, being a maverick of change. With this you pretty much destroy why so many are supposedly supporting him IMHO.

GRIM, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  3. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mccain choice of Vp came to lieberman an independent liberal democrat and Pailin a nobody from Alaska.
    he has also said that he is going to have democrats in his cabinet. he knows there are no good republicans. what he fails to realize is that he is one of the ones that can't be trusted

pizzaman, Sep 14, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, thank you.

guerilla, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. All around.

Hmmm?

Actually, this is not quite accurate. Paul also talked about setting up a league of principled non-voters. He urged people not to vote Democrat or Republican, but to either vote their conscience (3rd party) or not at all.

Of course he didn't endorse McCain. He's been saying for months that McCain stands for everything he is against, that McCain and him have almost nothing in common.

I shouldn't have to make statements to verify what most people already know. Paulites know that RP would never endorse a war mongerer or neocon.

guerilla, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Understand your point, but I think he is weak on 2nd amendment while the other side IMO would like to see it go away. I'll take "weak" in that scenario, especially with a second chair that I know favors it like I do.

robjones, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe anyone could make it go away, no matter how hard they tried. 'at this time'

Bowing down to allowing a 'weak' stance in will only make it a matter of time before it's gone for good. At this moment you can say Obama is the worst on it, fair enough. It however is known he's the worst on it, if you vote for someone like McCain on the basis of the 2nd, being strong on the 2nd, when in fact he's weak on it. He will only do more harm than good in the long term.

It's reasons like this that the 2nd has been watered down as much as it has been.

In other words people know Obama is the anti gun person, McCain however being weak and being put in will redefine what a pro 2nd stance is, making it weaker than ever IMHO.

GRIM, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  8. Alifk

Alifk Active Member

Best Answers:
    what is it people are so fond of palin for seriously. If she says some "local american girl" BS where will that get us in negotiating with Iran or russia i mean seriously we need serious politicians with real strength and firmness not bulldogs and lipstick seriously...

Alifk, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to this zoo of a thread Alifk. :)

Dont know if I'd characterize anyone that took down the entrenched powers in a couple of elections for mayor and then became governor doing the same as just a "local american girl". Most local girls dont make it quite that far. Her past tells me she's tougher than she looks and I'm not sure I'd wanna face her in an alley, much less a debate.

Love to see the campaign guys quit trying to protect her and just turn her loose. She's gonna get a chance to show her mettle in a toe to toe with Joe Biden... which oughta be interesting. I'll watch with the same interest everyone else has to see how she does.

10. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You are correct. Do you think Biden will toast her or vice versa.

homebizseo, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  11. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    seowarrior, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If he's smart, Biden is nervous. He has a tendency to shoot from the hip.

He is far from unskilled, but his temper gets him in trouble sometimes, as does his ego. Palin doesnt have his years of experience at this format, but she reportedly kicked butt in the 3-way debates in Alsakan gov race. Joe is a formidable guy, but this may be a Kennedy-Nixon style match. Palin has campaigned with a smile on her face for a few weeks while getting sniped at. Either way I kinda suspect there may be blood on the floor when it's over.

It'll be the most watched VP debate in the history of television. If she mops the floor with him it's all but over for Obama 2008, if she flops royally the McCain ticket could be dead. He's not anyone to be taken lightly, but he knows his career is on the line to a great degree and she has more freedom to shoot to kill than he does (I didnt say it was fair... just saying its a political reality). Should be interesting.

13. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You think the VP debate will help decide the outcome of the election? VP debates have had very little influence of outcomes in prior election.
    Biden also has experience and a graduate degree.

14. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:

The VP "factor" in this election is unlike any other. If John McCain goes on to win this election (God help us all) then never again will anyone say that the VP selection does not matter.

15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Palin brought so much 'experience'

Sorry but this post of yours is FUNNY!

GRIM, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  16. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    But if that's the case who would want Biden? I can see not picking hillary but the Biden pick left me scratching my head. I thought Obama should have picked someone that was not in the Primaries.

17. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Palin and think she is a great pick and the perfect pick.

Grim that post was about debates only. In a head to head debate Biden should be strong. Then again he was was weak in the Primaries.

18. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    hmansfield, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  19. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love Joe Biden. He also brings a ton of foreign policy experience to the table. He's fought for women's rights and drafted the Violence against Women Act. Compare that with Palin who actually charged women who were the victims of rape for their own rape kits and McCain who refuses to support equal pay for women.

20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Experience in politics should also bring with it experience in debates ;)

GRIM, Sep 14, 2008 IP