1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please tell me what you think of this article

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by kentuckyslone, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nofullstop

nofullstop Peon

Best Answers:
    Does DP has any rules so that in such cases negative iTrader could be deleted for the person who hasn't done anything worng? Like here kentuckyslone isn't responsible for anything so he shouldn't be given -ve iTrader.

Just a query..

nofullstop, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No. If you participate in a deal (that's in BST, and not in the freebies section), both parties can leave iTrader for any reason they want. Anything else is just he said / she said in a private business dealing, which we do not get involved with.

jhmattern, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  3. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It would be a very tough job and would require many people working full time to moderate iTraders.

Im not just saying this because I have a high iTrade number, but I have never let the fear of receiving a spite negative keep me from giving an iTrader I felt was deserved.

kentuckyslone, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I just quietly applauded. The mod in me loves hearing things like that. Now, you just need to go spread the word about a negative iTrader here and there not being the end of the world. :D

jhmattern, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  5. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is better that I-traders are not monitored, for the only reason-as jh mentioned- that once you are in a deal, it is the right of both the parties to give their feedbacks, and feedback cannot be monitored, or modified for that matter.

jeewant_gupta_051275, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  6. Grant Media

Grant Media Banned

Best Answers:
    There are some folks who simply don't use the system correctly, though. I'm glad Slone is somebody who can.

Grant Media, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  7. Toplink

Toplink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My experience exactly :) Couldn't use any of the material. Sounded like it was written by a 10 year old.

Toplink, Sep 12, 2008 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  8. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    Equating the quality of something by the price doesnt always work. I have gotten some excelent articles for the same price or similar from people who were just starting out.

I general I do agree and I understand, but this same type of thinking is what leads people to pay more for certain brands of things in the stores because they think that the more something costs the better it will be. In fact they teach that in marketing classes.

I once owned a comic book store. This particular issue of Green Lantern was actually valued at $10 but I was selling them for $2 because I had gotten a good deal on a large quantity of them. No one was buying it. I remembered what I had learned in some marketing classes so I raised the price on the book to $7 and guess what? They started selling like crazy!

kentuckyslone, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  9. judee

judee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh, for me it was torture! After reading the first paragraph, I wanted to highlight all grammatical errors with a red marker. :mad:

judee, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  10. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    appartly the writer is very good at writing about nothing at all, dragging on and on about something he/she doesn't know anything about. I will admit it is very well written if the main purpose is to provide absolutely no knowledge or interest in collecting ancient coins.

really redundant and boring with words that fly into your brain and are expelled faster than the brain can process them for worthwhile information

ErikJ, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  11. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    You have just given a very complete review of the article. That was EXACTLY what I thought about it! I wasnt even going to attempt to try to re-write it to make it usable.

kentuckyslone, Sep 13, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.