1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you have to wait for SEs to update database?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by downloadthenet, Sep 12, 2008.

Let's say you have received some quality links to your site in the past couple of days and Yahoo for instance has deemed your site worthy of higher rankings in their SERPs. Would you still have to wait for them to update their database to see the higher rankings and how long does it take?

It seems this is the case with MSN.com. It's like they don't make ANY changes for about once a week.

downloadthenet, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  2. galatron

galatron Guest

Best Answers:
    not sure what you mean if you are already seeing results?

galatron, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  3. downloadthenet

downloadthenet Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I'm saying is there a waiting period between when they decide to move your site in the SERPs and when it actually happens, because they only update their database periodically. I read something about this a couple of years ago.

4. shrung

shrung Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it takes time, but more famous is your site the less time you need to wait.

shrung, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  5. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engines are constantly updating there databases. It's not like a weekly thing, its more like it just continues to cycle through one site after the other.

Since there are many sites it can take a while for a search engine to get back round to crawling a site with a link to you on it. But once it does, it makes changes to your ranking immediately. Eventualy it will have found all your new links and you will see the full effect of them**

**not actually full effect, a link will be of more importance to your ranking the longer it stays in place.

I usually find that I can see significant movements within a week or 2 (for uncompetitive niches) - to see the full effct of those links usually takes 3 to 6 months.

T_Media, Sep 12, 2008 IP
    downloadthenet likes this.
  6. downloadthenet

downloadthenet Active Member

Best Answers:
    That answers my question thanks T. Rep given.

7. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem and thanks for the rep.

T_Media, Sep 12, 2008 IP