1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you earn from squidoo?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by alansingapore, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a buck or two a month... meh.

Lpspider, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  2. RyanEven

RyanEven Peon

Best Answers:
    The earnings depend on the niche, but I average about 30 visitors per day per squidoo hub.

RyanEven, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  3. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do you earn money through Squidoo? I'm guessing affiliate links in your article and Adsense clicks from the traffic. I tried adding my own page to squidoo but got bored and never revisited the site to see how well things were doing. Am I overlooking a good traffic source?

gregdavidson, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  4. alansingapore

alansingapore Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say that I haven't used squidoo, but when I came across the post at the top, it struck me that making $100 in five days doesn't sound too shabby and so I thought it would be worth sharing.

As far as I can make out, by writing about almost anything and then carefully tailoring the CJ links in your lens, you can produce a decent income without any effort. I presume that by having a list of friends and asking them to view and rate your lens, that the more hits you get and the more the ranking improves. The more the ranking improves, the more chance you have of someone viewing and clicking your links. All within the squidoo lens.

If you are any good at writing it seems like a neat way to make a few bucks. It appears that fresh content and updating have a bearing on the ranking so a quick change every couple of days might not be too much of an issue. Depends on your time. But I'm no expert so am willing to be corrected!

The unfortunate thing is that I have been checking squidoo instead of getting on with some work!

alansingapore, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  5. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it looks like he's making pennies from Squidoo shared revenue, but some decent earnings from the CJ affiliate links he puts in his lenses, such as the CJ links for Vongo on this one: http://www.squidoo.com/vongo-movies

davewashere, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  6. loyalis

loyalis Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh,

I've been found out! ;)

Actually, I've finally started earning triple digits from Squidoo itself. CJ has been earning me triple digits for a while now from lenses.

Others earn pretty good money from Amazon through squidoo, I just haven't figured out that part of the pie yet. CJ keeps me busy enough :)

I'm tracking a lot of my experiences with it on the blog in the first post of the thread, so far, so good.

But yes, you can earn some good bucks from Squidoo....

loyalis, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  7. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info, loyalis. I've not found much success with Amazon on Squidoo or elsewhere. The payouts are just so low (often 5% commission or less, with upper limits on individual items) that you have to make a lot of sales to earn a decent amount. Your CJ strategy works much better, and will continue to earn more as long as Amazon pays out such a low rate.

davewashere, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  8. digitalmoney

digitalmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to mess around with squidoo when it wasn't so saturated, not anymore though :-(

digitalmoney, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  9. Richmond, Virginia SEO

Richmond, Virginia SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    In my spare time, I tested some Squidoo pages before recommending them to our clients as part of their SEO campaigns (a very small part). I have created 13 Squidoo lenses and one recipe group. My monthly average is around $40. I don't update them anymore and some have built a nice PR, especially my Jean Grey Lens, which I did purely for fun and have spent waaaay to much time on. It did achieve the #4 overall Squidoo rank for a short time and is currently #29 overall which is impressive to me.

Squidoo has taken a real hit lately, some of my lenses were getting 80 people a day and now only 15-20 so Google has really demoted Squidoo.

You'll make far more money creating a blog about a niche than Squdioo will ever pay you, but Squidoo can help you market your niche blog/site, which I also wrote about.

Richmond, Virginia SEO, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  10. alansingapore

alansingapore Peon

Best Answers:
    How is squidoo doing now? They still seem popular but are you making any money yet/still?

alansingapore, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  11. onlinemarketer07

onlinemarketer07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good sharing your earnings here.. Keep it up..

onlinemarketer07, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  12. alansingapore

alansingapore Peon

Best Answers:
    This looks like spam to me..........................

alansingapore, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  13. Prune

Prune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LoL
    This is what happens. I do this myself. Its just fascinating checking up on how much you are earning, even if its an insanely small amount. I think its because we can dream about giving up our jobs and earning our keep 'working' on the web.

Prune, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  14. loyalis

loyalis Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, up to well into 4 digits a month at this point....

loyalis, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  15. KarlMiller

KarlMiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard many Squidoo success stories of increased web traffic and site ranking. It appears google has caught on to it and is now downplaying Squidoo lenses. Who will be the next digg?

KarlMiller, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  16. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    $2.77 per month from squidoo - :)

jasonb25, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  17. AUTOATTACKER

AUTOATTACKER Guest

Best Answers:
    I did sign up with Squidoo last year but I haven’t pocketed a single penny up to this day. I don’t know what’s the latest buzz regarding Squidoo right now.

AUTOATTACKER, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  18. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm making about $300 per month from Squidoo, with some extra income from Amazon and a few other affiliate programs. During the Christmas shopping season I expect to be making much, much more... :)

Cryogenius, Sep 11, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.