1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Allinanchor Madness

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by soultime, May 19, 2006.

Hi,

I just had a chuckle to my self more in quiet madness than humour:p

I did all this research for keywords, it took me nearly a month. I was looking for low competition based on the allinanchor command

Found lots of interesting keywords with 1000 and more seraches per day. I felt the allinanchor command really showed me what was going on when these words were showing under 500 I was like really excited and thought I had found some great opportunities

I had about 100 of them. So today comes around and I am ready to start building my killer site, I figure I am certain to get over 100,000 uniques per day with these low competition keywords.

I casually double check one of the words and the allinanchor was supposed to be 343 is now 23,000!!:confused:

I check a second, then a third. I checked 23 and without fail every single one is showing 40,000 for allinanchor or a little less or more.

Im going WTF

I had to laugh. Going out to buy a gun now. Anybody know any vacant clocktowers I can use?:p

soultime, May 19, 2006 IP
  2. mipa jim

mipa jim Peon

Best Answers:
    And 40,000 is bad? Most of my biggies are around 80,000 to 100,000 and yeah they take lots of time.. and work... is crazy

and humor always helps everything

mipa jim, May 19, 2006 IP
  3. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    You have to analyse power of your top competitors not just number of competitors.

Mong, May 19, 2006 IP
  4. Jade456

Jade456 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking he was going for the "hey no competitors w00t!" versus I'm going to have to work.... :D

Jade456, May 19, 2006 IP
  5. soultime

soultime Guest

Best Answers:
    Damn, nobody said anything about work:p

Actually I feel foolish now. I used "" in the first 50 words before I started checking without them.

Still they have changed but not as radically as it looked.

I do check backlinks for the first 5 sites Mong.

False alarm, I will delay the shotgun purchase now:D

soultime, May 19, 2006 IP