1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you buy domain 7 y.o and set a new website, the web will be in sandbox or not

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Blacksnow, Sep 10, 2008.

I know dependency on topic and domain itself ( com or co .uk) for example, but can be sandbox avoided by buying old domain?

Blacksnow, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  2. marketsnipers

marketsnipers Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience (I have worked on both old and new), if the domain has never been active, it makes very little difference. You may find your content getting indexed fast(I noticed this a lot of times), but in terms of rankings, it won't really make an impact. My 2 cents.

Also, I haven't worked on a domain as far as 7 years old. I have gone back as far as 5.

marketsnipers, Sep 11, 2008 IP
    Blacksnow likes this.
  3. kewlchat

kewlchat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to mat cuts the so called sandbox effect only happens if your in certian niches thats what he said on his blog anyway..

I wouldnt worry about this too much man.. But an older domain that has not just been sitting on a shelf.. can gain you more (trust) and help you in the searches..

kewlchat, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  4. aekung

aekung Peon

Best Answers:
    that's right

aekung, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  5. customhero

customhero Peon

Best Answers:
    i think that your domain will be sandboxed

customhero, Sep 27, 2008 IP