1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DotComHosts - Amazingly Fast and Reliable VPS plans. FULLY MANAGED ! $15 and higher.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by ashagg, Sep 11, 2008.

Hello fellow DP'ers. DotComHosts are once again giving a select few the opportunity to experience the BEST VPS hosting you've ever had. Blazing fast all premium network, amazingly reliable systems and unparalled support are all available at a price which will leave you smiling..

Please note that these plans are only for the DP forum members and are NOT available on our website.

VPS Basic ($15/month)
    256mb Guaranteed RAM
    512mb Burstable RAM
    30GB HardDisk Space
    300GB/Month Bandwidth
    2 IPs
    Fully Managed
    Order Here

VPS Elite ($30/month)
    512mb Guaranteed RAM
    1GB Burstable RAM
    50GB HardDisk Space
    600GB/Month Bandwidth
    2 IPs
    Fully Managed
    Order Here

VPS Uber-Elite ($50/month)
    1GB Guaranteed RAM
    2GB Burstable RAM
    100GB HardDisk Space
    1000GB/Month Bandwidth
    2 IPs
    Fully Managed
    Order Here

VPS 0wn3d ($99/month)
    2GB Guaranteed RAM
    4GB Burstable RAM
    200GB HardDisk Space
    2000GB/Month Bandwidth
    4 IPs
    Fully Managed
    Order Here

Control Panel Pricing
    Cpanel/WHM - $12/month
    DirectAdmin - $7/month
    LXAdmin - FREE !
    Webmin - FREE !

All VPS's are setup on our brand new Quad Core server housed in a DC in LA , USA. We only use PREMIUM , cogent-free bandwidth so your VPS is screaming fast.

Please do let me know if I can answer any queries. Post here , PM me or open a pre-sales support ticket over at our website.

Oh and as always, Please search these forums or look at my iTrader for some testimonials from happy clients ...

Regards,
    asHagg

ashagg, Sep 11, 2008 IP
    tradeya likes this.
  2. ashagg

ashagg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just an update .. I only have 3 slots available till the IP's run out and there after, the wait time would be approximately 1 week.

Regards,
    asHagg

ashagg, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  3. lace-rules

lace-rules Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have ordered the "VPS Uber-Elite ($50/month)" package. Can you please respond to my Support ticket.

Kind Regards
    George

lace-rules, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  4. ashagg

ashagg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

Apologies for the delay. We were facing some temporary problems with our email system which have been resolved now.

Your Support Ticket has been responded to and Thank you for trusting our services for your hosting needs.

Regards,
    asHagg

ashagg, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  5. lace-rules

lace-rules Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Great Support ashagg. You helped me understand this whole business of VPS.

Many Thanks
    George

lace-rules, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  6. adsense4money

adsense4money Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my review of the service:
    A few days back, I was one of the first to order a pack from ashagg (Basic) and I must say that I am an exteremely satisfied customer. Of course, there is always room for improvement, but don't expect them to do miracles for 15 bucks a month, one has to remain logical.
    To start with, the sales process was flawless and the communication was very good as the man is fluent in English and intelligent...
    The set up was fast too. I had some trouble logging into my HyperVM and LxAdmin accounts probably caused by my browser / company proxy... but ashagg responded quickly to my ticket and the problem was solved in less than an hour.
    I then started playing with the interface and I must say it wasn't easy at all as I am not used to HyperVM / LxAdmin and have never had a VPS. I had some noob questions and go prompt answers from ashagg.
    Then I decided to rely on myself (an experienced webmaster) for the DNS config and all the setup...untill I faced an issue while transfering my wordpress blog to DotComHosts so I had to start a ticket. Ashagg investigated the issue (don't know really how he did) and got back to me with a working blog (he said a file wasn't properly copied). He also fixed an email name issue I didn't understand.
    To cut it short, the support is awsome even with things they are not supposed to fix for you!
    Now on the relatively negative side of my review, I have some improvement points:
    - As ashagg is from India, you can expect a fast response time only in day hours in India, which is totaly normal because the guy needs to sleep but a bit inconvinient for a US or European/North african having a problem on the evening.
    - The hosting business is also a bit young, I think I was one of his first customers which is a risk I have taken despite what people advice when it comes to hosting: Never go with a host that hasn't been there for at least 6 months. Nevertheless, I really believe the guy is professional enough to keep his business alive.
    - The youth of the business is also an issue because you can't change the server if you want or get a different C Class IP... they just don't have them yet!
    - Another risk factor is that the guy seems to be running his business alone which cuts costs an enables him to provide such great packs but on the other hand could leave you with no support if the man is ill or tired or simply if he doesn't know, a team is highly recommended when running a hosting company, so I think this is something he will solve shortly once he gets more business
    - The last really negative point is that ashagg didn't mention the limitation in the number of domains you can host on your pack, I have discovered that I can't host more than 40 domains on my Basic VPS which is enough but I regret him not mentioning that before I ordered the pack.
    To put in a nutshell, I am extremely happy with my VPS and can't recommend DotComHosts more if you need the best value for money, plus they can only improve as they grow.

adsense4money, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  7. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm also one of his customers. been using his VPS for 2 weeks and dont have any major problem. his uptime is great his service is top rate (always respond via MSN and finish most of the job in few mins)

this is the best VPS hosting I have been with. Really recommended to anyone who is looking for cheap and reliable hosting service.

tradeya, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  8. redmonkey

redmonkey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    HeyAshagg, just ordered on of your package. When will it be activated?

redmonkey, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  9. ashagg

ashagg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello redmonkey.

Thank you for trusting our services for your hosting requirements.
    Your VPS has been provisioned and the Welcome email sent. If you have not received it yet, please do open a support ticket and we will send it again.

Regards,
    asHagg

ashagg, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  10. redmonkey

redmonkey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks, just recieved my login info almost instantly. Product as described, and those 2 ips are clean from blacklist. How long would it take if i want to upgrade the specs?

redmonkey, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  11. ashagg

ashagg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the kind words. An upgrade only takes 5-10 mins.

Regards,
    asHagg

ashagg, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  12. SUB

SUB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    that $30 package looks interesting.

hmm

SUB, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  13. ashagg

ashagg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    SUB : Sure. Go ahead and order it. If you have any questions, please do let me know.

Regards,
    asHagg

ashagg, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  14. drakul

drakul Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like to downgrade my vps to VPS Basic and need to copy one website to this vps. Is it possible to copy/transfer the site without losing datas ?

drakul, Oct 8, 2008 IP