1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$150 Contest Website Design single page no coding required

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 5, 2008.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ASM, thanks for the entry. I like how you presented your entry. I don't really like the top. There seems to be too much empty white space. The rest looks good but still a little too plain especially when compared to the other entries. What does look good though it the fact that you don't need to scroll down but you have all the information on the whole screen. As it is, I am sorry to say but your entry is not one of my top favourites despite having a couple of strong points. I keep saying it but this is a very tough competition.

proteindude, Sep 8, 2008 IP
    Seni likes this.
  2. Seni

Seni Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    when will this contest end?
    p.s: I really appreciate that you give so detailed feedback on every entry, even if they cannot compete with the other entries. probably the best contest holder I seen in DP forums since I'm registred here.

Seni, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  3. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi seni. You're too kind :) . I actually look at it as a win-win situation. Feedback means I get better designs because the guys see what I like/don't like. It also motivates the designers to come up with better work. I want to choose the finalists in about 24hrs from this post so the contest is still open. But I do want to close it in about 3 days (after choosing the finalists in about 24hrs from this post). However, if you are interested please read my first post and go for a landscape type of a website as opposed to a portrait one where you need to scroll down on the front page. I keep saying I want rectangles (maybe I should change my name to rectangledude) but they again must be in a landscape format.

proteindude, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  4. Seni

Seni Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yeah, I'm planning on entering this contest, I just finished reading all the posts in this thread and I'll start working on a design soon.

Seni, Sep 8, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  5. badmasketa

badmasketa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's mine in landscape :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope these designs meets your criteria... ;)

Thanks

badmasketa, Sep 8, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  6. Cipixxx

Cipixxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Pff plenty of entries here ... all of them looking good.

Let's add one more entry :p

P.S Please check PM

[​IMG]

Cipixxx, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  7. GreenleafElf17

GreenleafElf17 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Alrighties, an update. This one requires (almost) no scrolling. I can make this into a widescreen format if you'd prefer a wider width...but I went with 1024 since it's the most popular resolution still. (They're diehards!)

[​IMG]

Feedback appreciated. And a laundromat is lucky? Bah, I'd rather there be an arcade or something nicer. Laundry sucks. :p (Well, there *is* an arcade, but the good games don't work and all they have left is some redneck hunting game and a poker sim. Ugh.)

GreenleafElf17, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  8. ASM Design

ASM Design Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No worries, thankyou for the feedback - Good luck to the finalists!

ASM Design, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  9. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wait my enrty....

yugo, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks yugo. But in about 12hrs from this post I want to choose the finalists so try and submit in less than 12hrs.

badmasketa: great improvements. You just keep getting better and better. Very nice, very pleasant designs. I don't need any changes unless you're one of the finalists. I will be deciding onthe finalists in about 12hrs from this post.

Cipixxx: good to see you again mate. I see you're trying to break from the mould but I am still fixed on a red theme. It is a pleasant entry and it's got some nice fine lines but I am not sure about the position of the rectangles. They all seem to have the same size and I think that makes it a little too plain. The designs via pm are a lot easier to see. What I really like is that Latest news section, not so much from a design point of view but from a practical view: it's easy to have several lines each with a point. As it is, I don't think your design is one of the finalists. However, you're a great coder so maybe once this contest is over you can code this for me. Let me know. I used your services in the past and was very pleased with coding.

Greenleaf, again an improvement except for those portrait rectangles. I think the "problem" is not so much with your design but mainly with the fact this is a very tough contest and I like some entries more. If it wasn't such a tough contest I probably asked for some changes but this wouldn't be right since I like a couple of other designs better.

ASM, thanks for the positive attitude and thanks for taking part in this.

If anyone else is interested you've got about 12hrs from now to submit and then I will pick the finalists which won't be an easy thing to do considering the many strong entries.

proteindude, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  11. GreenleafElf17

GreenleafElf17 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Alright, thanks for the input. Guess I'll just sit back and see who wins at this point then. :)

GreenleafElf17, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  12. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi guys. I have also received a couple of more entries via pm. I will be choosing the finalists in about 2-3hrs from now so this is the last chance for anyone else considering this.

For those who sent me entries via pm I will come back with the feedback. I will pm the pm entrants and will place the feedback here.

13. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yugo, Sep 9, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yugo, thanks for the entry. I am really caught up in the middle of something right now and I hope to come back with fedback and the finalists in about 2-3 hours (or a little sooner or later depending on how busy I am)

15. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yugo, thanks for the entry. It is a nice stylish entry though it looks to me a little crowded somehow. I think the header is a little too high. I do like the fact you did it in a landscape format which was something I really wanted. I think it's the small touches such as the actual frames that you used for windows that makes the whole design appear a little crowded. I am sure you could simplify it a little and give it a little more consistent look but this is a tough contest and I have already decided on the finalists.

seni: thanks for the entry. It is nice stylish, it is also in a landscape format which is great. Overall a great design but I feel (and I apologise if I am wrong) like it's something you did under pressure. I mean I think that if you had a little more time it could have been a little more stylised as it looks just a little plain. Either it looks a little plain or because I am comparing your entry with other entries on this thread which I happen to like more that is why I think yours could be developed a little more to give it that extra edge. For example that gray background around the rectangles is a little boring and the rectangles look a little rough (not sure if this is the right word). It just needs to be spiced up a little more.

tevion: thanks for the submission. Thanks for the landscape format. I think it's a little plain and would still need some more work. I like what you did for the logo, looks stylish. However, the rest is just a little too plain. Also there seems to be too much empty space between the banner and the rectangles. I also think the corners for the rectangles should have been rounded a little. And lastly because the fonts seem to be the same size it makes it a little simple. The title inside each window is the same size and hasn't got any shades or boldness or something to make it stand out from the rest of the text.

Before I announce the finalists I must say this was a very tough contest to choose. Some of the designs were very close as they each had some strong any unique elements and except for one or two designs I am sure I could have worked with any of you guys to finish this website template.

I am torn between two designs which are also the finalists: zmaja and sorenson. I was mentioning that if I don't like the designs I will still pick a winner and pay $75 but the "winner" won't need to send any files across. Considering the strong entries I received I will definitely pick a winner and one of you two guys will win this contest and get the $150 via paypal. I just want to make sure you two (zmaja and sorensen) are ok with making some small alterations so I can choose the winner. Of almost everyone I showed the entries to they all said zmaja or sorensen. If either of you do not want to do the alterations (your decision) I will then award the other the winner. I am trying to make this fair and I hope it's ok with you. Let me know your decision so we can close this contest.

Again thanks to everyone who competed and especially to those who left a positive rep for me.

proteindude, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  16. sorenson-design

sorenson-design Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello ,

Thanks for chosing me among the finalists. I want to do all the alterations you want. I`m waiting for your feedback to know what i have to do.

Best regards,
    Sorenson

sorenson-design, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks sorenson. I will only ask for some small alterations but I want to be totally honest and I must say that zmaja entry is also a very very strong one. I'll send you the changes via pm.

18. zmaja

zmaja Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks proteindude :)

I'm also OK with the alterations, waiting for instructions.

Cheers!

zmaja, Sep 10, 2008 IP
    cottonStella likes this.
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hey Zmaja. thanks for this mate. I will try and send the changes via pm in the next few minutes.

20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Once again thank you very much to all the participants. Some very strong entries and I must say this was one of the most contested competitions I have seen here ar dp with lots of very great and strong submissions.

But in the end there can only be one winner, and that winner is zmaja. Please pm me so I can send you the payment but I will still need some small alterations.

And congratulations also to proteindude for always finishing a contest he's started. Well done proteindude. ha, ha.

proteindude, Sep 11, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.