1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying signature links -targeted

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Regrouping-webmaster, Sep 9, 2008.

I'm thinking of promoting a series of e-commerce sites by buying signature links. My problem is I don't have a clue how to go about it. I'm hesitant to simply search for a forum, register, & post an "ad" for forum postings although I suppose it would work. Has anybody here done this & how should I proceed?

Regrouping-webmaster, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  2. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is a specific sub forum in DP for doing that BST->Link . Just post the request there.

it career, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  3. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Open a new thread here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58
    Registering on forum about laptops (example) and spamming your commercial site will get you banned in less than 12 hours.
    Search for users posting a lot instead and ask them to place your link in their signature for a small month fee.

zexy, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Since he is keying in on eCommerce, ferret out a user who is active in that area and has some useful posts regarding it. Of course, this will probably cost a little more ... but the link would be worth more beneath his/her name.

Dodger, Sep 9, 2008 IP
    Regrouping-webmaster likes this.
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PMing people to buy their sig can be construed as spam and can result in an infraction. The best bet would be to post in BST specifically asking for people that post in such an area (or related areas and related forums).

This should also help: Buying sig links? Read this first!

Qryztufre, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  6. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Post in buy/sell/trade in link sales, you should be able to find quite a few willing members.

Gallito, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  7. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Grit., Sep 9, 2008 IP
  8. calcalmx123

calcalmx123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey i have few spare slots pm me

calcalmx123, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  9. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also have 2 slots open for link! let me know if you are interested :)

jezzz, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  10. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think your post is rather spammish... though, you do have 37 posts in the business section. That would be your selling point for someone asking for sig links on e-commerce ya know... and should likely have been mentioned. Though, even then, most of those 37 do not have a lot to do with the topic at hand...

*shrug*

Good luck on the sale though!

Qryztufre, Sep 9, 2008 IP
    Grit. likes this.
  11. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could class it as SPAM-ish, but it's relevant to the thread, and it's also shows the user that there are threads offering the service that has been requested, and may provide some motivation for them to browse the section of the site related to link sales in the BST section. You're comment has been noted by me though, and i do appreciate your concern ^^

Grit., Sep 9, 2008 IP
  12. Regrouping-webmaster

Regrouping-webmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everybody for your suggestion.

A couple notes: I don't tolerate spam, but one can advertise without doing that. For example in a forum it's usually considered fair game to post an on topic and reply with multiple signature links, especially if the signature isn't too flashy. However the signature links have to be quite relevant, so the grit's 3,000+ postings is worth buying. Unfortunately none of my sites sell to internet marketers so a signature link from everybody in this form is not valuable to me. (Actually it would be but I'd have to make a new website for it.).

Regrouping-webmaster, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  13. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    With over 300+ links and rising on this page alone, I question the value of those links. Then throw in links from lingerie to PS box cheat codes and what do you get? A lot of noisy links that have nothing to do with each other.

If you are going to promote yourself, then make the posts yourself. Do it in a forum that relates to your type of content, not a forum like DP. You will find that you get traffic from those forums and targeted backlinks.

Dodger, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  14. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm currently selling some link spots.
    pm me for details

jamuna, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  15. Regrouping-webmaster

Best Answers:
    I agree. In our industry any advertising/exposure/links we get MUST be targeted. I cannot imagine any SEO value because 100+ identical links on the same forum would look like an ad. However one should get a few clicks out of purchased links in a relevant forum. In most forums not relating to internet marketing few people own a website so your links stand out.

I think that the catch is how to buy the links efficiently. I'm thinking just going to a forum & posting a request for buying signature links would be very effective. If the forum admins object it's better for them to object before I buy the sigs.

Regrouping-webmaster, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  16. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most big forums does not allow posting ads for buying sigs. DP is a big one of course you could try. Now if I may suggest this would be a waste of your money actually. Most of the audience here are young entrepreneurs, probably not gonna be your targeted audience.

Just trying to give an honest advice, don't mean to ruin anybody's business.

webcosmo, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  17. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can go to DP trade/buy&sell sub section> link sell and post a signature buying posting.
    I can sure you able to get the signature very soon seem many people are selling their signature

lifeplayer, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  18. Regrouping-webmaster

Best Answers:
    err-umm I think I'm going to have to be a bit picky. I'd need a forum related to one of my 12 websites, not to internet marketing. I might be able to find somebody who posts on a different forum, but I doubt it would be quick and easy.

Regrouping-webmaster, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  19. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My Sigs for sale. PM me :D

Remotay, Sep 13, 2008 IP