Help choosing CMS... Vivvo or Subdreamer?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mclark2112, Jan 28, 2008.

1. alexmal

alexmal Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tested ExpressionEngine, I just didn't like it. I was not impressed. Nothing special (my opinion).

I also tested CMS Made Simple. I was impressed at first time, and I still like it. Well organized admin panel, but templates, themes etc is a bit complicated aspect. Plugins (modules in CMSMS terminology) is a drawback issue. There are plenty available, but in order to plug them into the pages, you have to enter manuallysomething like {cms_module module="Calendar" table_id="sometable"} in to the template source, which is dangerous and strange for a non-tech administrator. Apart of this, CMSMS is very nice.

In a CMS I believe you want the optimum point of simplicity and functionality.
    Recently I tested Website Baker and I found that for simple application is fine.

I've also tested Memht, Xoops, E107, impress, miaCMS (fork to Mambo), typolight etc. Each own has some prons, it is really dificult to find something to combine the all the nice things from each CMS.

One thing I also noticed for some CMS, is sometimes both backend (admin panel) and frontend (what user sees) tends to be memory eaters for the PC. The more you work at the back end, the more time you stay, the more memory is taken. Also the more tabs you open in both firefox and ie at the frontend of the same site that operates with some CMS the less memory you end up. I noticed happened in Joomla and CMSMS. I checked with other developers and I got the same reply.

alexmal, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  2. Vampyre

Vampyre Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No worries, alexmal. :)
    Thanks for your honest opinion though. ;)

Vampyre, Sep 9, 2008 IP