1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ikobo <<< increased popularity

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SoniaJr, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you SoniaJr :)

And since you use ikobo, I have one more question, may I? ;)

You say ikobo would work well with OsCommerce? Is there any way to see it at work? I mean websites using them, some sort of demo or anything? I've looked at ikobo myself and it looks ok, but it would be nice if I could see something working :D

Doughty, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  2. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    Well ... I just started another project of mine ... you can see ikobo in action by clicking on this link: www.romanianpottery.com ... I used only OSC+ikobo+some contributions from OSC's website. I hope this helps you a little bit though is not finished yet.

SoniaJr, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  3. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know these guys at ikobo personally and they are good guys. And like daemeh said they are going up!!! Recently they've acquired some substantial funding and you guys can plan on some of your issues with them getting resolved as they grow over the next year.

cgo85, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  4. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow ... good to hear that although I didn't have problems with them. I was almost certain they'll grow up because their services have improved almost constantly beginning with last year.

SoniaJr, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  5. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the link, SoniaJr, you’ve been very helpful :)
    Well, yes, I heard that they’d made many improvements in their services. But it’s good to know from someone who is familiar with their business that they keep it this way ;)

Doughty, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  6. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    It's about time some more improvements take place at ikobo. I'm not saying they're bad or anything, but some fixes here and there wouldn't hurt at all... especially with their website. Since someone who knows them closely says they'll be improving soon, also, a livechat operator has told me something similar, I suppose there may some truth in this, and they will actually make things better. Can't wait to see it! :D

daemeh, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  7. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    That is nice too. If you say that someone from ikobo staff told you that, then probably we'll see an improved ikobo GUI very soon. The thing is that I’ve already got used with their simple interface but I guess that the next one will be both simpler and nice.

SoniaJr, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  8. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's going to be more than an interface upgrade... they said something about improved functionality or something. Maybe they'll add some new features or fix known bugs. I wouldn't know, I suppose we'll have to wait and see :D

daemeh, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  9. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people say that ikobo interface doesn’t look professional but as for me I think it’s very easy to use. However it’s only my personal opinion and as you said - the interface will be changed.
    And daemeh, did you talk to a livechat operator about improved functionality? It seems like you know more than you tell us :p

Doughty, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  10. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Trust me, that's all I know. There wouldn't be any reason for me not to tell you everything I know. You could try speaking to them yourself, maybe they'll tell you more/ :)
    So, all I can say is that the interface is supposed to change, don't know when and how. This is all I know, this is all I can tell you.
    I'm ok with the current interface, it does the job for me, but there's always room for improvement, right?

daemeh, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  11. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope that ikobo's future interface will have the same functionality as the present one. Anyway, generally speaking, I am not that much in design but in functionality so if this interface brings money to my pockets then it's the best interface ever :)
    But like any other company that respect itself and want's to deliver more to it's clients, my guess is that their new interface come as a natural thing.

SoniaJr, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  12. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    Daemeh, do you have merchant or personal account with ikobo?
    The reason for my question is that I would like to know more about ikobo Instant Payment Notification.

Doughty, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  13. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a merchant account of course, I used to have a personal one quite a while ago but I've upgraded.
    About IPN... well, the IPN is used to notify you instantly of payments made to you. To be able to use it you'll have to use a secure server (https) for the obvious reasons. To learn more you'll have to download the IPN manual by logging into your merchant account then click the 'manuals' link on the bottom of the page.
    Hope I helped you....

daemeh, Jan 27, 2005 IP
  14. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you really helped me. Thank you, daemeh :)
    But is it obligatory to use ikobo IPN? I mean is there any other way to find out about the payment that was made to me?

Doughty, Jan 27, 2005 IP
  15. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad I did. :)
    Well, I suppose you don't have to use IPN... you'll know when a payment has been completed once the money arrives into your ikobo account. Of course, you'll have to wait a little for the payment to clear, but it's for your own security after all.

daemeh, Jan 27, 2005 IP
  16. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    But how will I know that the payment was made? Does ikobo notify the merchant in some other way or I have to check my account? And will I find there (in the account) all the needed information about my buyer?

Doughty, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  17. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll receive an e-mail once the transaction is completed. You'll have to use IPN in order to get all of the information you want regarding a transaction and the buyer. I'm not n expert at this you know, maybe you should try ikobo's livehelp for all your techie questions... what do you think?

daemeh, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  18. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    There are a few people following this thread so the more information out here for all to see is good.

To summerise
    1) Is there a holdback %.
    2) Do they accept all types of sites.
    3) Do they accept all types of credit cards......I have heard they don't accept mastercard for instance. Which cards do they accept.
    4) How long is it before you can transfer the money out of the account.
    5) How long does it take for them to activate the account.
    6) Do customers really need to show ID. I have been told the customer has to fax ID to Ikobo before they will process the payment.

That will do for now :D

Cyclops.

Cyclops, Jan 28, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  19. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes there is a holdback, for a couple of days, than the funds are released.
    As far as I know they do, I think that for sensitive content sites such as adult or gambling there are bigger fees involved.
    Visa so far, they're working on accepting MC as well.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, but money transfer take place almost instantly.
    It's activated immediately after you sign up. You'll then have to send some documents for verification purposes.
    No, that was true in the past, but now customers are no longer required to send ID or anything like that.

Ok, I hope I helped! Geez that was hard work! :p

daemeh, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  20. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all your answers, daemeh.
    I followed your suggestion and talked to ikobo operator ;)
    I asked about IPN and I was told that I would receive an e-mail notification of buyer’s purchase once it is completed. And if I don’t have a secure server I will be able to get all the needed information about the purchase from that e-mail.

Doughty, Jan 31, 2005 IP