1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic from Google Images

Discussion in 'Google' started by DrAnte, Sep 8, 2008.

What do you thing about getting traffic from google images? If you have photos on the web with keywords in file name. When people search images with google images, than photo is on the top, and your site is down in second frame.

What do you think about this kind of promotion? Is it useful?

DrAnte, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  2. mintoj

mintoj Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a good idea to me :)

J

mintoj, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  3. swappy_18

swappy_18 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is...If you have a site which has galleries then its very useful...A friend of mine has a site on celebrities he used to get most of the visitors from Google Images.

swappy_18, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  4. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll get traffic from a lot of images, but it isn't very good traffic. I've got a site that has a lot of images with the content, but the image search bounce rate is 75% because people hit the site, download the image and leave. The 75% bounce rate is extremely high compared to the rest of my site (about 45%). But traffic is traffic and I figure even some of the image traffic converts so I'll take it.

freelistfool, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  5. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would depend a lot on your niche. It would help with niches like celebrities, clipart, clothing, etc. It would have very little benefit for some other websites. Think in terms of the user. If you are dealing with something where they may want to browse by image, it is worth doing.

Most image search traffic would be quite low quality. It is essentially targeting window shoppers and some webmasters.

vansterdam, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  6. Lewi

Lewi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also used it to generate traffic. Like has been said I have found the quality of the traffic is not very good. I'll take what I can the more exposure the better.

Lewi, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  7. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    alt tags for images will also help get these indexed and gain traffic. Traffic is traffic.

Camay123, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  8. tendulkar2

tendulkar2 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes. You'll get tons of traffic from Google Image search, especially if you have any entertainment related blogs/sites...but, getting into Image search will take some time.. mostly around 2-3 months.

tendulkar2, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  9. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes sometimes this helps use to get some good traffic . I have seen many guys uploading images than they start promoting those post after that when they get indexed they get some good traffic.

atulperx, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  10. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Make the upper part of your site more interesting so they will enter to your site rather than just looking on images. Make a good link bait.

WishBone, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  11. mcaronan

mcaronan Peon

Best Answers:
    Great idea you've got there.. This might be one of the image optimization.

mcaronan, Sep 8, 2008 IP