blog owner reports comment as spam - akismet

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by richromo, Sep 8, 2008.

I reviewed the akismet site and wonder What exactly happens if a blog owner reports my comment as spam? Am I doomed or does this drop off or what happens? What is to prevent someone from reporting you as spam and is there a way to check to see if you are on a spam list? If I sound guilty, not really, just didn't realize that akismet had a function to report spam and that a comment that was not approved might be considered spam by that blog owner without reaching some threshold of spamminess.

richromo, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    One comment reported as spam to Akismet will not mark you. But if you are making the rounds on Akismet enabled blogs and get marked on each one ... then you have cause to worry.

And don't worry about somebody submitting your info as spam. Each Akismet user has a key token assigned to them, which basically prevents them from gaming the system.

Dodger, Sep 8, 2008 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  3. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love blog spam. Akismet has been letting me down lately :(

tonyrocks, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  4. richromo

richromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    While I have no interest in spamming any blogs, but I have attempted to leave comments, relevent ones at that on some blogs and am finding that the comments are not being published - do follow blogs when I am putting my url in the appropriate box for my url. Just didn't want to get some blog owner marking my site as spam. If a site doesn't publish one of my comments I simply don't leave additional comments. when I do leave a comments without a website url, the comments are always accepted. Duh, I ain't the smartest fella but I knows when I ain't wanted. Sigh........

richromo, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  5. Essociate

Essociate Peon

Best Answers:
    tolerances vary by publisher, that's for sure. the definition of spam is very subjective.

Essociate, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  6. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    Been doing great job for me. I don't know where I'd be without it :)

muncle, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  7. zlori

zlori Peon

Best Answers:
    So is there any?

Also I might add some questions...
    - If I am marked as spam on one blog by Akismet, does that mean that I will get banned automatically on all blogs using Akismet?
    - If you get banned that affects only one URL or all URL from the same domain?

Cheers

zlori, Feb 2, 2011 IP