1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long do articles such as the "Air purifiers make smog" one last in the SERPs?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by cleanairguy, May 18, 2006.

Every now and then misinformation reports come out that harm our 10 billion dollar a year air cleaner industry. Last year, Consumer reports came out and said in so many words that all air cleaners are basically a waste of money, that hurt, and while some are, it's not true. About a week ago a study about ozone producing air purifiers yielded headlines such as "air purifiers make smog" and "how do you create a stage 2 smog alert in your home, buy an indoor air purifier" The worst one was "Isn't it ionic, air purifiers make smog". The UC Irvine group that put out that info got a $7.5 million dollar grant from the Feds to study air pollution. Rather than draw attention to the 2 out of 3 big rigs and busses that have no emissions controls and dump tons of hydrocarbons, VOC's, and nitrous oxides into the air which is exactly what smog is...not the ozone that mother nature produces to get rid of that crap...they say ozone producing air purifers are a major health problem. (My PR if you're interested is here: http://www.ioniczone.com/air_purifiers_create_ozone_is_not_smog.html )

Bottom link, people beleive that misinformation because it's from a credible source. The problem is that now, 5 out of the top 20 spots for the keywords "air cleaners" and "air purifiers" are taken by those misionformation articles. Frankly, it's hurting sales. My question is this. How long do these types of articles stay in the SERP's? Any suggestions on how to counter the misinformation? I've put out a few PR's in the last week that are being listed in the top 1-13 for the keywords "what causes smog" in the 3 majors and this new PR yesterday, but nothing that's ranking for our important keywords. Do article submissions also rank quickly and well? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cleanairguy, May 18, 2006 IP
  2. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have an ionic breeze and it really does smell like ozone when you have it in a closed room.

websiteideas, May 18, 2006 IP
  3. cleanairguy

cleanairguy Peon

Best Answers:
    About 10 mgs hour. That's why they rate that machine for 500 sq. ft. by the way. However, you can get one of their "ozone guards" to cut down on the ozone if it bothers you or the ozone it produces will naturally turn into oxygen within 30 minutes if it doesn't oxidize anything in the air...and there's plenty to oxidize given the pollution these days.

By the way, ozone is why the IB is so popular and so many people who use it love it. Ozone does oxidize odors. Believe it or not, ozone generator sellers make the most money. They sell simple machines at $600 a pop that cost $40 - $60 to make. Regardless of what the media says, people who smoke or have pets-odors buy and benefit form ozone generators.

By the way, we only sell 1 ozone generator out of 100 plus air purifiers and air cleaners. Yet the entire air purifier business has probably taken a hit because of the misinformation. One nut job said that "ozone...the same substance we and the EPA have been trying to eliminate from the air for decades". If we eliminated ozone from the air down low we'd all die. Ozone cleans the air. Without ozone, we'd just have the hydrocarbons, VOC's, and nitrous odixes from vehicles. No pollution, no ozone.

4. babbling

babbling Peon

Best Answers:
    Fight back. Put what you consider to be correct information on your page.

babbling, May 18, 2006 IP
  5. cleanairguy

cleanairguy Peon

Best Answers:
    We can't do anything about google of course. I wish I knew how those articles listed so high so fast...seems not fair. The feds, they're untouchable. Fight them too much and you'll find yourself audited, set-up and tossed in jail, etc. UC Irvine, that's something to consider. I can mess with them a little for this BS report. I'll have to look into that angle. The problem is that they simply stated that some air purifiers increase ozone. Others took the sping to call air purifiers producers of smog, and that's their free speach right I guess, unless it cost us money and is not true. Bingo!

6. babbling

babbling Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I don't mean that you should fight back in that way. I mean that you should rebutt their claims on your own website.

babbling, May 24, 2006 IP
  7. cleanairguy

cleanairguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, we did that. I just wish we could get our rebuttal PR's to rank as high as those BS PR's on google and Yahoo. I guess the bottom line is that that when a government agency puts out any press, it's seen as "authority" wheter it's true or not true. I wish the subject of ozone could be debated on a national forum or brought to light by the media but that's not going to happen. I bet a lot of media companies also own a lot of drug/ pharma stocks. Oh well, what can you do.

cleanairguy, May 24, 2006 IP
  8. cleanairguy

cleanairguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks DP! This thread is showing up on google top 10 for the keywords What makes smog? and air purifiers make smog. Perfect. Now people who search those terms have a change to fine out the truth about what causes smog and why ozone is being vilified. Two thumbs up for this forum!

cleanairguy, May 30, 2006 IP
  9. fresh-airguy

fresh-airguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used air purifiers and purification systems to rid MY airspace of harmful allergens for 6 years and have never felt better!
    One day it's "butter is bad...switch to margarine" and the next day it's "cut the man-made spreads such as margarine and switch to all-natural butter!"
    Ionic air purifiers have come a long way and the technology is in place to ensure minimal levels of ozone...in fact, less than exists in the air you breathe everyday.
    I for one rest easy knowing my family is not subjected to airborne allergens such as black-mold spores (Stachybotrys chartarum), :eek: dust mites and other harmful pollutants because we use what we preach......
    Those "nay-sayers" of the air purifications systems need to set up a high quality unit in their children's bedrooms and check the HEPA filter in a few days.....Believers they will become! :) Check out my site at http://www/1st-choice-purifiers.com for all the information you need. Tips and info opt-in coming next week.

fresh-airguy, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  10. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey cleanairguy, if you are worried so much about people finding these articles then I suggest your company hire an SEO and outrank these articles.

oseymour, Mar 6, 2007 IP