1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $10,000 In 30 Days Experiment...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Claymation, Sep 7, 2008.

Has anyone else spent entirely too much time following the influx of "Experiments" people are posting, with the intention of teaching the rest of us how to market our blogs/websites with 100 different techniques in a short period of time....in order to quit our day jobs by Thanksgiving?

You know the ones-
    $2.39 will make $XX,XXX in 30 Days!, 50 Post Blog Experiments.....the list goes on and on.
    A couple constants I'm seeing here- we end up bouncing between their posts here and their blogs to see their "Documented Success!" stories.
    The other constant is that half-way through their "30 Days to a Millionaire" plans they regret that work and life issues have taken them off-course from their original intent and chalk it up to good intentions, but a failed plan overall.
    A week later, there is a post to their original experiment, with a new "better" effort in the works.
    "Follow me to the promised land again.....really, this one is different!"

Have we really absorbed enough knowledge from these to get rich in 30 days?
    I'm waiting for just ONE success story from somebody who followed it through to the end and reached their goal.
    I'd buy the eBook that always seems to come from it.

So, here is the "My $10,000 In 30 Days Experiment" each and every one of us can play along with.
    Following the advice we've gained in all of the above mentioned threads, TOGETHER we may be able to reach the $10,000 mark in one month.
    If a few get bogged down, it's no big deal. The rest of the group will pick up the slack.
    Whether you made $1 today, or $100- simply tell us how you did it, and the next guy (or gal) might turn it into something positive tomorrow.

Realistically-
    It takes hard work and a strong resolve to post to a blog every day on a subject you are passionate about.
    Unless you make a living at "Refinancing Quotes" or "Mesothelioma Lawyers", you aren't going to last more than a couple weeks posting when the baby is crying in the background and the lawn needs mowing.
    Advertising budgets may start at $2.39 on "Day 1", but those of us who have been around the block a few times know that in real life we are competing with others that hold hundreds of thousands of $ to throw at Adwords, Search Marketing, link purchases and an infinite number of other opportunities.

Google isn't going to blast your new blog to the front page in a month on the hottest keywords.
    You'll be lucky to get indexed in "most" cases.
    People before you have worked for years to get where they are.

Slow it down, think about a long-term business plan to DEVELOP your business model... and if you get to a place you intended to be, then you might be inclined to help us get there with similar sound practices.
    Nothing in 30 days is sound, my friends.

So-
    Starting today (Day 1).....
    How much did you make, and how did you get there?
    From the first dollar posted, we have $9,999 to go and a month to get there.

Claymation, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  2. medicalhumor

medicalhumor Peon

Best Answers:
    that was a lot to read. after spending all that time reading, now I've lost money.

medicalhumor, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  3. tamiltaker

tamiltaker Banned

Best Answers:
    Great But i need more

tamiltaker, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  4. hollinger

hollinger Peon

Best Answers:
    And while blogging about their success they make money telling people how much money they make :)

hollinger, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  5. Joe M.

Joe M. Banned

Best Answers:
    Good luck with that.

Joe M., Sep 7, 2008 IP
  6. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    AHA!
    Now you understand the bottom line.
    Many of us HAVE in fact followed all of those "experiments", only to stare reality in the face half-way through it when the original poster figures out the target amount isn't in sight.

Then "we" suddenly realize we wasted precious time that could have been spent creating site content or advertising for our own purposes.

Funny how life works that way.

For what it's worth, I calculated my earnings for the day and came up with a somewhat accurate estimate of $56, but Sundays are terrible in my niches.

7. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    yup its the real tricks some big dogs are using they earn just by telling other newbies how much they earn..
    by the way i'm on $102 today..

010081, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  8. LindaAdams

LindaAdams Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not understand...so are you trying to offer us advice?

LindaAdams, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  9. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is how I made it to my $56 today (so far) in my main niche.....

I started a "forum" 5 years ago that has since gotten remarkable SERPS from Google on strategic keywords.
    Signed up with Commission Junction a few years ago.
    Pasted banners on my niche near the top of every post on the forum.
    With my advertisers having their annual "Fall Sales", visitors are following their keyword back to my site and seeing what they were looking for at the top of the fold, and an Adsense ad unit around the middle of the fold.
    Adsense makes considerably more than the affiliate income on this site, but I'm not currently using search marketing with the CJ account.
    Waiting for the lucrative Holiday Season.

Note that my income is NOT from regular visitors to the forum threads, but mostly from the great SERPS we manage to get from years of SEO, high Page Rank and Social Network/Bookmark postings.

10. powersss

powersss Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool Money!

powersss, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  11. JoeMack

JoeMack Peon

Best Answers:

Wow, you're a happy bee. By the way, nowhere in my 50 post blog experiment do I ever say that I am going to teach anyone any marketing strategies.

My first blog experiment ended not because of lack of effort on my part, but rather because the numbers I used to base my experiment around were wrong.

So please don't group me together with any other "experiment" blog. I created the threads because some people (not you of course) like to read the details that go into taking action.

I'm no expert, nor have I ever implied that I was one.

Let's see how much value you can add to the DP forum with your words.

Joe

JoeMack, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  12. JoeMack

JoeMack Peon

Best Answers:
    "Follow me to the promised land"? Really? Where did I state that?

The only reason that I connected the two threads was because there were a number of people following the first thread.

Trust me, for every sour lemon like you, there are twenty people who are thrilled that I document my progress, even what I do make mistakes.

But I NEVER promised anyone that by following my plans that they would get wealthy. NEVER.

Maybe you should spend a little less time getting your facts blatantly wrong, and a little more time taking some action. $10,000 in 30 days? Please....

Joe

JoeMack, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  13. BenderFry

BenderFry Peon

Best Answers:
    Your right, you never promised anything which would gives us the impression that we were going to become wealthy. Pity you don't want to update any more - I was following your plan.

Mr. $10,000 in 30 days, you sir are a douche!

Bender Out

BenderFry, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  14. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Joe-
    I have nothing against your particular postings whatsoever.
    My point is that there have been hundreds of these through the years at DP, so yours hasn't reinvented the wheel.
    The point I make that is clear is that nobody is getting rich quick, no matter the "experiment".
    I'm sorry you take it to heart, but by starting yet another one of these you are open for criticism.
    Just as anyone that posts "What topic is best for Adsense?".
    We've been down this road so many times.......

BenderFry-
    The name-calling will not get you far here, and I'm not going there with you, sorry.

15. Bill22

Bill22 Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha
    another entertaining thread

Bill22, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  16. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Claymation, you've made this thread for the well-being of this forum; but your far from reality. If someone does something that makes money, they will never reveal what part of it makes money. You will have pages of posts about methods that are incomplete. The most beneficial way to run this thread is by you posting your success procedures, because no one else will. Also, try not to use such happy words. You seem to happy and jolly; that's not the tone you want to have when building success. If someone insults you, don't rub it off; shoot them.

RichUser, Sep 7, 2008 IP
    BenderFry likes this.
  17. BenderFry

BenderFry Peon

Best Answers:
    + Rep, I totally agree.

BenderFry, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  18. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, my main achievement today is that I didn't learn anything, soooo glad it's a Sunday.

newsniche, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  19. Jeremy Kelsall

Jeremy Kelsall Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to follow those "experimental" threads.

It takes the guy posting it 30 or more days to update it and takes me all of 30 minutes
    to read through it and take the bits of information that will help me in my business.

By all means, continue posting them :)

Jeremy Kelsall, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  20. tiger325

tiger325 Peon

Best Answers:
    you lose sleep every night by staying up writing articles. Is it worth it? yes

tiger325, Sep 7, 2008 IP