1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I can't figure out how to place something on my home page, help please

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Steve Simon, Sep 7, 2008.

My site is at www . stevesimon .us
    I want to place a box (a div or a script or any kind of box) that will show a line or two, or just the title of my last 5 or 10 blog posts. My blog resides in its own directory. I would like to place this box in the lower left hand corner of my site, under the Google translator.
    If some site design person reads this and has a moment to help by looking at the source code and giving me an answer as to how to do the above, I would appreciate it :)

Steve Simon, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  2. xira

xira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is a giant table. Most people avoid tables today, and rely on CSS for styles and placement. Therefore your best bet is to make a div, style it with CSS and for placement put it under your google box (within the same table cell).

xira, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  3. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Read Creating a Static Front Page in the Wordpress Codex. Pay close attention to how to include the WP core file at the top of your homepage (to access WP functions) and the section "Adding a Mini-Loop" to list your recent posts.

This code requires PHP. If your homepage has a .html extension, it will need to be changed to .php to let the server know.

Dodger, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  4. Steve Simon

Steve Simon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply. Could you give me an idea of where the code (exactly would go) and how to position it right under the Google box<div> my new content</div>...
    I am sorry, but I am a relative newcommer to design, and my budget has me doing everything :(

5. Steve Simon

Steve Simon Peon

Best Answers:
    Ronnie thanks for the suggestion I will read it.

6. xira

xira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ad your <div></div> under here:
    <p>&nbsp;If you're more comfortable reading our web site in Spanish, or another language; use the tool located below this text:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/translatemypage.xml&amp;up_source_language=en&amp;synd=open&amp;w=160&amp;h=60&amp;title=Google+Translate+My+Page&amp;lang=en&amp;country=ALL&amp;border=%23ffffff%7C0px%2C1px+solid+%23004488%7C0px%2C1px+solid+%23005599%7C0px%2C1px+solid+%230077BB%7C0px%2C1px+solid+%230088CC&amp;output=js"></script></p>
    <div class="your new div"></div>

xira, Sep 7, 2008 IP
    Steve Simon likes this.
  7. Steve Simon

Steve Simon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for taking the time to respond!