1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Wrongfully Convicted, Sep 6, 2008.

How exactly can social bookmarking be used to promote my BANS site? I have read on other forums that sites like Stumble Upon will get you a lot of traffic through your site but no one buys anything and you will eventually get banned by the ePN. How can I reconcile this?

Wrongfully Convicted, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  2. Preseren

Preseren Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is true, that Stumble brings you bad traffic, but it does not get you banned, if you do not abuse it.
    And there are different other Social bookmarking and social networking sites that you can use. Take for eyample Facebook, create a group about BANS (whatever that is), add some news, update it and invite people to join the group. Post links and news from your website and people will come.
    Easy. But it requires work.

Preseren, Sep 6, 2008 IP
    Wrongfully Convicted likes this.
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you do social bookmarking, do it to get backlinks but not traffic. stumble traffic is useless and non-converting so its not only useless but also puts yuo at risk with your publisher since you will be generating lot of impressions without any result

sultanofseo, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  4. mcaronan

mcaronan Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole purpose of SB is to attract traffic because some SB has no follow and with a no follow there's no link juice to it and it's useless.

mcaronan, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  5. ceylonking

ceylonking Peon

Best Answers:
    who says su traffic has no value? It has done wonders for my blog........
    We cannot label it has value/ no value. It is depending on what kind of content you have to offer......

ceylonking, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  6. hanfree

hanfree Peon

Best Answers:
    well maybe its rubbish traffic, but you have an opportunity to convert it. Imagine you use stumbleupon and find a good site, maybe you then bookmark it and become a regular visitor of this site. I understand what you mean, but think most traffic is welcomed and shouldn't be underrated

hanfree, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    SB sites also provide some good links. I check my Google Webmaster Tools and find hundreds of Google-recognized links from SB sites. Social bookmarking websites are not all nofollow. Plenty of them are dofollow.

Jim4767, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  8. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    It will be hard to promote a BAN store in StumbleUpon. Don't expect any sales at all.
    The traffic for StumbleUpon is good for humor / entertainment / celebrity niches.

zexy, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  9. seoservice1

seoservice1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking give a lot traffic if you are doing social Bookmarking in dofollow sites then ur site will get more backlinks and Good position at Google

seoservice1, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  10. Wrongfully Convicted

Wrongfully Convicted Peon

Best Answers:
    Preseren, what is considered "abuse?"

Wrongfully Convicted, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  11. samsam81073

samsam81073 Peon

Best Answers:
    SB is good, but do you think there is also value in sites like twitter.com and http://www.cirip.ro
    I think there are some good links and traffic to be had from these micro blogging sites.

samsam81073, Sep 12, 2008 IP