1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Damn, paypal scamers ! Is there any solution ?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by moneydude, Sep 5, 2008.

1. foenix

foenix Peon

Best Answers:
    I find PayPal very convenient for doing small transactions. When you start accepting orders over $200 it is more secure to use a different service or as mentioned before, take extra precautions.

foenix, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  2. rentdn

rentdn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll suggest you to start using moneybookers , 2checkout and of course google checkout . These are best solution for you .

rentdn, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  3. Quarc

Quarc Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay, but what do you guys advice using instead of paypal?

Quarc, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  4. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    99% of the people in this forum category are complaining about this, smile!

Scorpiono, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  5. neal41835

neal41835 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People stop using paypal.

Get googlecheckout and you will be happy you did. I made the switch and I am so happy!

neal41835, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  6. moneydude

moneydude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This topic isn't about paypal alternatives, there is no way to do business today without paypal, am only looking for solutions connected with paypal ;)

moneydude, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  7. *ABC*

*ABC* Active Member

Best Answers:
    yoa are wrong man realy wron. Afcorse there is ways to do business without pay pal, there is many other ways...

*ABC*, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  8. moneydude

moneydude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah but not in hosting, 95% of our clients pay over paypal. Other 5% pay with moneybookers.

I am also selling ebooks, and payments are the same here, over 95% pay with paypal.

moneydude, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  9. adityas

adityas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think most people in here are not looking at both sides of the coin.

Paypal won't issue a refund to the buyer, if it's an intangible good. Services such as designing, content writing etc. fall under that.

On the other hand, Paypal tries but can't do too much about a charge-back. Charge-backs are done by credit card companies and not by paypal. However, Paypal will do everything it can to assist you when a case of a charge back occurs.

How can you help yourself from being hammered by a chargeback scammer.
    Get Paypal to step in, by using and implementing a few 'acceptance terms' on your website. Paypal collates information from you and presents a case to the Credit card companies, and tries to convince them to re-consider the chargeback.

Basically, the things that need to be implemented can include a small tick box, which makes the visitor or customer Accept your Terms and Conditions. Frame your clauses well, it's as simple as that.....

Even ridiculous clauses like: 'Articles once ordered can't be cancelled under any circumstances' can and will force CC companies to reverse the charge back and ask the CC holder to buzz off.

There maybe diff opinions about how good or bad paypal is, but the truth is, they protect you very wel against fradulent chargebacks.......for a simple reason, that if you don't have enough money in your account to pay for the chargeback, then the money goes from Paypal's own pocket :(.

Protecting yourself by following ethical methods and using legalities requiring digital approval is as strong an armour as you can imagine.

Regards,
    Aditya

P.S. Oh yeah, and everyone here who is suggesting Google Checkout as an alternative need to know that Checkout is available in only 3-4 countries. So as far as I am concerned, they are non-existant for merchants outside of the US :)

adityas, Sep 6, 2008 IP
    Scorpiono likes this.
  10. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You got a point there, never knew that much about paypal, thanks, rep added.

Scorpiono, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  11. masrawyz

masrawyz Guest

Best Answers:
    I run a big hosting company, this happens oftenly, I just suspend their service once I see an unautorized claim or something.

masrawyz, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  12. ceylonking

ceylonking Peon

Best Answers:
    if your using your own payment processor there will not be such problems. Talk to your bank..I got my self a processor by just keeping $1000 as a refundable deposit at my bank. It looks very professional and very safe for sellers too. For my digital products I use alert pay simply because my country is not listed under paypal supported countries. I received 8 alert pay checks so far and I am loving it...
    Some people doubt alert pay as a payment processor,If you prefer you can take a look at checks i received here,
    http://www.antharjalaya.com/what-are-the-best-alternatives-for-paypal/

ceylonking, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  13. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    there are certain ways to stop scammers.... and also certain ways to stop reveral on paypal.... but no i dont know how....:D i only can tell you that its possible to stop them from taking your money back....

Pervert-For-Life, Sep 6, 2008 IP