1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Listings

Discussion in 'Google' started by Mencius, Sep 4, 2008.

I was talking to someone about potentially buying his sites. I went to google and typed in the actual domain (i.e. www.domainname.com) and nothing came up. Then I did info:www.domainname.com and nothing. I did the same thing in Yahoo, but the domain came up there. So, I am assuming the domain got delisted from Google for some reason because the sites are ~6 months old.

Two questions for ya:

1) Am I right in assuming the domain is not listed in Google?

2) Can I get them relisted?

The sites are thin BANS sites and I would think that is probably why they were de-listed.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mencius, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  2. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It does not always mean a ban. Sometimes they just do not list them or they remove them for other reasons. I would check other factors like PR and backlinks. Try link: the domain in Google. If nothi ng shows up, eitehr there was no link building or it was deindexed for some reason.

Unless it is a great deal or the owner can explain why it is not listed, I would avoid it.

allout, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  3. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    If the domain is active and you can get to it by typing the URL in the browser but you can't see it anywhere in Google's index then it has probably been penalized. I'd stay away from any site that's been up for a while and isn't in Google's index.

freelistfool, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  4. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would not consider making a purchase. Who knows what is the actual reason that it might got deindexed in the first place. Obviously I don't want taking any chances. If it's banned, it will be almost impossible to get back in to the SE.

lycos, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  5. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How old is that site? If it is a new site, then not listed in google is no problem. But if its a old site, then there is a risk involved.

Also do a search with site: operator and see if there is any page indexed in google.

angilina, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  6. Mencius

Mencius Peon

Best Answers:
    The sites are about 4 months old. How old is "new"?

They are pretty thin BANS sites. I am guessing there is a chance they are not listed because of lack of content. Think if I added some content there is a chance they would be re-listed?

Mencius, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  7. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends if the website has incoming links. If there are very few incoming links, Google may not have found the website yet. This is also true if the existing incoming links are just all low quality.

I would think that the websites are banned/penalized by Google, otherwise why would he be selling? If the websites were in good standing with Google, the website owner would want to keep them to try to make some money from them.

Google probably flagged them as spam due to lack of content and/or too many affiliate links. I have websites that are penalized by Google for similar reasons, but my pages are still indexed.

In the past I came across a tool that allowed you to enter a url and it would tell you if the website was banned by Google. Maybe try to find a tool like that.

At least ask the guy a lot of questions if you are seriously interested.

vansterdam, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  8. lipsigprice333

lipsigprice333 Banned

Best Answers:
    sorry i confuse your quation

lipsigprice333, Sep 5, 2008 IP