1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Stickiness

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Janet, May 17, 2006.

What methods or techniques help promote a sticky site? I know good, quality content is best, but what others things do you think work best on a site to encourage users to stay awhile without simply hitting the back button before even reading your content?

Janet, May 17, 2006 IP
  2. taulath

taulath Peon

Best Answers:
    taulath, May 17, 2006 IP
  3. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding what site is your question related Janet? This might help with contributing ideas for your site since every site has his own type of visitors and interests.

Edz, May 17, 2006 IP
  4. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    taulath, thanks for the article, I will give it a read. :)

It is a photo hosting site, the one in my sig. Any suggestions?

Janet, May 17, 2006 IP
  5. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Very difficult to give you any suggestions to make the site more stickier. Sorry :(

Edz, May 17, 2006 IP
  6. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to be sorry.

Is it because it is a service site rather than a content site? Basically, a visitor either wants to use the service or they don't. If they don't want to, there really is no reason to stick around. That is how I view it. I don't think my site is that type of site where people are going to stay awhile. Most visitors upload their photos and go. Which is fine by me, but I was just looking for opinions on the subject since there is always room to improve. :)

Janet, May 17, 2006 IP
  7. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Janet, you nailed it. That's exactly what it is.

Edz, May 17, 2006 IP
  8. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    How about articles that give people tips about how to take photos that will really sell their stuff (what angles, lighting etc.) and how to write newspaper ad copy that will have people beating their door down to buy? Throw in some links to freeware image editors (like Paint.NET or PhotoFiltre) and online image editors such as Pixn8.com (which I note is available for you to buy and install on your sever for your users to use on your site), and your stickiness will surely improve!

stephenmunday, May 17, 2006 IP
    Janet likes this.
  9. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my site and give me your thoughts. I appreciate your feedback and will definately look into the things you mentioned. I do have information on the site regarding photo taking and writing classified ads, but I think I will add some more. Thanks again.

Janet, May 17, 2006 IP