1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fuck it i will take it :D

Let me know if your for real i will spend a few days on it or something then give up if there is no interest

meep99, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  2. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    My spin on the proxy keyword, last year i found it so easy to pull in traffic with out the term proxy going near my website (no search engine traffic either)

but this year it seems 99% of the proxy list sites etc have the word proxy in their domain and they REQUIRE a backlink

i did a test about 3 days ago, brand new domain crap loads of listings which meant crap loads of proxy terms on my page

the domain was blocked within 3/4 of a day and traffic bombed out (although i couldnt check websense i guess they would be even quicker)

Which creates the issue of what to do, aim for search engine traffic but realisticly your going to be blocked before any good ranking so you miss out on alot of the traffic

or open a proxy every half a day filled with proxy related backlinks

meep99, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  3. Jezz

Jezz Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, yeah I'll pm you the details Meep :D

Jezz, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  4. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do people actually realise how many people surf the internet and how large the demand for proxy sites really is.

Right now this is the truth. If you want long term 100% targeted traffic to your proxy site search engine optimisation is definitely the way to go.

All you need to do is a little bit of keyword research find about 4 or 5 keywords to target and go for it.

You can read my tutorials on how to do this, but i am not trying to promote my website.
    http://www.back-links.org/Search-engine-optimization-for-a-proxy-site.php

The point in this post is that people seem to worry to much about their proxy site being blocked its ridiculous.

Lets look at how many searches there are for proxy sites a day.

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/?seed=proxy&adult_filter=remove_offensive&suggest=Hit+Me

Thats 70,000 searches a day now who the hell can argue that SEO isn't worth it. Yes ok your never going to get the whole 70k searches obviously but you can get a percentage of that with smaller less competitive keywords.

Now dont worry about being blocked your proxy site will never be blocked to the point where you can't get traffic to it.

So go and do some SEO!

This would of been a longer more informative post, but my GF is on her way round and i ve not had a shower yet :O

willyboy104, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  5. tokyoice

tokyoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a dedicated server.

tokyoice, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  6. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers!
    Problem is still the long term projection/guessing vs short term instant traffic for most people. My self included!

I would *love* to see how much traffic the big old players are getting, the ones who rank #1 for all the popular terms

meep99, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  7. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    You can project how much traffic you would get with SEO by doing your keyword research and you can see how much traffic certain sites get from doing that too.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr_2

Mr_2 Peon

Best Answers:
    @willyboy104

sorry mate but you wrong on some issues.

when you get blocked it means u get blocked in US,UK,Australia and some other countries which has best value for user and also most of schools there use filters like websense etc..!

now you may get some traffic from Iran ( where adsense doesnt even show) china ( where they pay 1 cent per click) etc..
    but now remember the price for server!

and there is no gaurantee you get on top which means you get blocked and no ranking, zero traffic and alots of effort.
    Thats why its a better choice to advertise your proxy using mailing lists , proxy groups etc.. that way it take longer to get blocked and you may earn more by getting more traffic from US and UK.

Mr_2, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  9. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Wel if you do it like that, you can make a '*Proxy.com' network :)
    But I think all those domains are in use already :)

If not, get them quick, they are nice :)

Greetz

BTW; Free proxy promotion here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1010217&page=2

Aquarezz, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  10. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see both of your points, but i am still in the middle of the two. And its hash to call each other wrong because they are both valid points really

As with most people i would imagine.

meep99, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  11. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Are you being serious, you think when you get blocked you get blocked from countries and not just servers?

I don't think so unless the government did it or something.

When you get blocked they ban your websites IP or URL from their servers.

I have had a proxy site before which ranked high up in the search engines and traffic was never effected by it being blocked and the main source of traffic was the US then UK then Iran.

Even if my site was being blocked from some schools (not countries) the traffic kept increasing the more i optimised the site and longer i left it.

Sorry but i highly doubt you get blocked from actual countries unless its China who block out a lot of western websites.

12. DMK

DMK Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with 55host.net

DMK, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  13. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    ya I don't submit to topsites that have proxy in their url.

Dollar, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  14. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's true...
    But on the other site, some 'Proxy' topsites are better found in google, so more people will use them...
    Even if they are on page 2, people will use them more than xeem.info FE

But yeah, I submit them to ALL :p

Aquarezz, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  15. Mr_2

Mr_2 Peon

Best Answers:
    @willyboy104

most of school in US and Uk have filtering softwares which block access to proxy web sites.

goverments like saudi arabia , kuwait , china usualy block proxies.
    those softwares has bots just like google bot, search web sites for word "proxy" unblock etc..

when they find more than a certain number of those keywords on a web site they usualy list it as "proxy avoidance" and usualy every 3 days or so they update their main database which after that if someone try to access from an school which have that software installed your proxy web site it wont open!

Mr_2, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  16. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's right ;)
    It's a long process for them to make it, that's why you better buy .info's and not .com's...
    It's cheaper and it get's blocked anyway...

Aquarezz, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  17. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Yeah US and UK schools have filtering systems obviously or else there would be no point in having proxy sites in the first place but the country doesn't block proxy sites in one go. Its school after school block them one by one, if this is what you meant in the first place then sorry i assumed you meant that countries block them on a whole basis, where as in reality each school blocks them one by one when it comes apparent that they are proxy sites and are used by their students.

I am not arguing that that isn't what happens everyone knows that schools block proxy sites, however what i am trying to say is that for one there is so much demand that the amount of schools that do block your proxy won't affect your traffic or havnt have in my experience and secondly that there is so much traffic this traffic against the amount of schools that block your proxy sites are ineffective.

Will.

18. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    I host them with www.monsterprox.com

They are having a free hosting promotion now.

Meph, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  19. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    i actually found 2 SMALL scale ISPs which build filtering lists (and blocked my new proxy in 2days) from newzeland, if small scale isps have the resources to do this alot more probably do than we think.

Alot of people in this day and age also use opendns for their dns server also, they are also running some sort of user submited blacklisting/filtering but i have not looked into this in detail

I think people are getting very defensive here, i think it just comes down to this

You have a new proxy you promote it like normal AND do SEO, you rank high for word X and pull in traffic, proxy gets blocked, traffic drops

You have a new proxy you promote it like normal AND do NO SEO, proxy gets blocked traffic drops

Its clear which one will have more traffic

Logically if you have the time then i assume SEO is the route to go, i said i would put the effort into doing this on at least a few proxys on the summer but i did not get the time

meep99, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  20. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I ain't a good SEO'er so I never did SEO for my proxies
    But still I'm getting over 2.5k uniques each day on some proxies (China traffic blocked)

So that means, you don't need to do a lot SEO to get a good proxy site :)

Aquarezz, Sep 5, 2008 IP