1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Required Conditions For inclusion in DMOZ

Discussion in 'Directories' started by imphpguru, Aug 19, 2008.

Hi,
    I have tried everything I could to get listed in DMOZ, but I have failed everytime. I have got a large number of websites but all of them never make to DMOZ. Can you tell me the reason. One example is my website blackidsolutions.com, which could be in india website development, but it never gets accepted. Please guide

imphpguru, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  2. linkdor

linkdor Banned

Best Answers:
    why do y care so much about dmoz, it's an oldish links farm today

linkdor, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  3. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    syted, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  4. imphpguru

imphpguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Google i guess is pretty considerate and serious about DMOZ linking. SO. I will repost it in DMOZ forum.

Thanks

imphp

5. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Rather than create a duplicate thread, you should use the "Report a Post" funtion [​IMG] in your initial post and ask a moderator to move this thread.

CReed, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  6. ninjacluster

ninjacluster Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure that the biggest requirement for getting in DMOZ is being lucky.

ninjacluster, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  7. imphpguru

imphpguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeahh 1 up for that :D

8. imphpguru

imphpguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks creed. The action will be done now...

9. alexme

alexme Guest

Best Answers:
    That's right, in a lot of cases the question is, is anyone actually looking after the category you're trying to submit to??? Answer in a lot of cases: Nup! :eek:

alexme, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  10. PeterMorrow

PeterMorrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Waste of time and energy. I looked at my niche and the only blog I recognized was Problogger. If the guys before me have failed, why wouldn't I

PeterMorrow, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  11. imphpguru

imphpguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i guess it is true.. its really a waste of time going after DMOZ!

imphpguru, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  12. Final Expense Leads

Final Expense Leads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With respect it is very easy to see why this website hasn't been listed in DMOZ:
    it is incomplete;
    there is no high-quality content;
    the site is dysfunctional (text is aligned so poorly that some of it can't be easily read);
    there are numerous misspellings and grammatical errors.

I could go on.

Do you really not see any difference between your example site and the ones listed in your DMOZ category? REALLY don't see any? Until you do see the differences, and produce better, more complete websites with more useful and interesting content, you won't be listed in DMOZ.

Yes, there ARE some DMOZ-listed sites with poor features but that is usually offset by their truly good, or truly rare content.

One benefit of examining DMOZ sites and improving your web skills would most certainly be an increase in your web design business - it is difficult to believe that many clients would view your site and be motivated to use your company's services.

Respectfully,

dennis

Final Expense Leads, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  13. imphpguru

imphpguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi dennis,
    I agree with you that I am under the development of the website. Have a look at my website www.jchem.info. You won't find many much problem in that. I am still in the process of remaking the entire website. It was a complete one earlier when I decided to remake the entire site. So I am adding more content to it as of today. But even jchem.info wont get listed in the right category. It has got a nice database of molecules (70K+). Its quite a decent site with a lot of readership (2.5K+ members).

Thanks

imphp

imphpguru, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  14. Final Expense Leads

Final Expense Leads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you read? Quoting from DMOZ Submission Guideline #6 :
    Do not submit sites "under construction." Wait until a site is complete before submitting it. Sites that are incomplete, contain "Under Construction" notices, or contain broken graphics or links aren't good candidates for the directory.
    Giving you the benefit of doubt I registered on your site. What I found was there is no user LogIn visible! After looking for a long time I did finally find it listed under "DONATE A MOL". This page does not allow access to any other page in the site. Do you think this is good web design, or just funny?

Being completely intrigued now I clicked on the available navigation and found that:
    Blogger has removed your blog and blocked your access to their URL in the future.

Moving on to another nav button, clicking on "NAME REACTIONS" your site returns a picture of a man holding a dead infant above a crowd (I won't even attempt to post that here) and is captioned:
    "By Crackers_Child

No War ! F3cK y0u Bush !

cybermilitan@hotmail.com

who is real murder by bush ? this baby ? or you ?

yollubunlar"​

Clicking on the Contact Us nav bar to inform you of this unfortunate error in your navigation returns this comment:
    STOPPED DUE TO EXCESSIVE MAILING EXPLOITS!!​

So you have asked DMOZ to consider a site which is under construction, to which there is no user access, where the webmaster can't be reached via email, and has off-topic political propaganda where there should be content.

Oh I almost forgot! The site is loaded with ad links - not itself a reason to eliminate it from consideration - but an indicator of why all this is happening.

Did I mention that your jchem.info URL could be easily confused with the prestigious Journal of Chemistry (jchem_org) or the well-established ChemAxon (PR5 jchem_com), makers of the JChem suite of cheminformatics tools?

I suppose you rely upon the naive credulity of people in this forum to make your ridiculous assertions, and, I assume you post here for the signature links to your scam sites.

Were I the moderator here I'd investigate a few of the claims in your posts, check a few of your sites as I have already done, then ban you and strip the links out of your forum posts to maintain the credibility of Digital Point.

But that's just if I were the moderator here. As I'm not all I'm going to do is "ignore" you as a scammer and waste of everyone's time.

Final Expense Leads, Sep 5, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  15. imphpguru

imphpguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow!! That was pretty agressive. Well I have been helping the people here and there. Anyways its upto you to think of what you want of me. I have been doing good work. And yes.. If i wanted to scam over on DP, I WOULD HAVE USED SIGNATURE LINKS... Well I am really not after DP links. So forget it man... And ya... as I have told you, I AM TOTALLY remaking the website... its new name is talkchem.com. Have a look at it... Each of the links on the website were working a few months back. The bush issue came up when there was a hacker attempt on my server... I am unawares of the blogger blog being removed. Thanks for the notice. Anyways I am moving to WP. And yes.. I would definitely have removed the contact form after i have had 51K spam emails from it ;). My question was pretty general... so itd be good if you dont get too agressive on all this. It is really not required. I am here to share my knowledge on php, which I have been doing on a regular basis.

Thanks

imphp

imphpguru, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  16. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In which case I would suggest you spend a little time fixing that contact form so that it doesn't allow spam emails to reach you, rather than just removing it.

Your question has been answered, your web sites will never be included if they are still under construction and do not function.

SilkySmooth, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  17. ddkoh92

ddkoh92 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, the name reactions picture is so random man.

ddkoh92, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  18. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    have you tried, ching ching? :p

Sorry not everything in life is free :D

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  19. surbaj

surbaj Peon

Best Answers:
    submit the website again. For indian it takes longer

surbaj, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  20. Kurg

Kurg Member

Best Answers:
    Google has a copy of dmoz, they even call it the Google directory, and I think they pass link juice from there, not from DMOZ. So getting into DMOZ is step 1, then you need to wait for a Google directory update too.

Don't quote me on that but in poking around... thats what I found tonight.

Kurg, Sep 20, 2008 IP