1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO is a part of HTML

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lipsigprice333, Sep 4, 2008.

The way I think of SEO, I just include it as part the normal task of writing good HTML. Your pages need the following:
    1. Page Titles
    2. Headings
    3. Easy to use navigation
    4. Alt text of images (also a standard)
    5. Correct use of the meta title and meta description

In many ways this IS search engine optimization. You are making it possible for search engines to understand what your page is about, what the images depict, which parts of the page are the most imports, and which links they can follow next.

Outside of this, I feel most activities are marketing, not optimization. Your thoughts?

lipsigprice333, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  2. Talmid

Talmid Guest

Best Answers:
    totally agree as they say, a stitch in time saves nine. If you do things SEO friendly from the beginning, later on everything will be easier... even google's indexation

Talmid, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  3. Azher Memon

Azher Memon Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it is part og HTMl but not whole cause where HTML end, SEO start from there.

Azher Memon, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  4. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    this is what is called on site optimization, if your on site structure is good it help a lot to get better search engine rankings but still there are many important points than will affect your rankings.. like linking graph of your sites and neighbor sites etc..

jg_abad, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  5. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    This is call On PAGE SEO and it is necessary as Off Page SEO.

saurabhj, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  6. sweety1111

sweety1111 Banned

Best Answers:
    Ya, mostly it depends on the HTML as you want to good structure for your site as google crawler will consider your website is good if you have proper navigation, good structure, Alt text for image, title attribute for text and all those things....

sweety1111, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  7. barryarlen

barryarlen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

html and seo are different. Html is mainly programmatic basis and seo is all of analysis how to use the keywords, titles and all those...

Simply we can say that html is on page and seo is off page according to me

If there is any suggestions please feel free to give me..........

barryarlen, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  8. dutchezz

dutchezz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The way I see it is that the HTML coder should indeed take into consideration the various on-page factors of a website. However, I do not think that coder's have the time to do the right research on the topic's that their website's are about. They are not meant to focus on their competitors keywords, the amount of competition for a specific keyword etc.

I do think that coder's and online marketer's should work closely together, in fact, I myself like to do the necessary research for a company before I even tell my design/development team about the project. This way I know what the industry of the customer is about, i know what it's competitors are doing and can stay ahead without needing a complete revamp or too many adjustments.

It's my way of being time efficient I guess :)

dutchezz, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  9. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    On PAGE SEO + Off Page SEO

If you could valid your html /xhtml code and use div + css layout instead of tables.
    It helps to rank well in yahoo.

justinlorder, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  10. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Largely agree - SEO is about making sure that it's easy for search engines to know what your site is about - if people could keep that in the front of their minds there would be a lot less nonsnense talked about it. But I'd say off-page SEO also adheres to that same principle - hence - related anchor text, links from relevant sites - again - giving search engines the info about what your site is about.

magda, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  11. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's correct, but you don't mention keyword research. - Probably the most important step in SEO, but you won't find many designers or developers who will do this.

Remember, there is a huge difference between Search Engine Friendly and Search Engine Optimised

MattUK, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  12. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah! it's all html in code, but the way to implement it in a way, it would be search engine friendly and we can get good ranks in search engines, that's OPTIMIZATION.

mit, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  13. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    dont confuse SEO with HTML. what if you have a PHP or ASP site and not an HTML site? you cannot do anymore SEO?

HTML is a language in which you write your website. SEO is a method of optimizing your site for search engines regarless of the language used to build your site.

sultanofseo, Sep 4, 2008 IP
    jg_abad likes this.
  14. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah! SEO can be done on any Language which are used for Site Creation

jezzz, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  15. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Although what you have stated is correct, there needs to be a good HTML template with the correct location of the SEO elements. This must be done at the time of programming and is why to do good SEO, you should have a solid background in programming.

catanich, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  16. tacoX

tacoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Keeping your code clean, not repetitive, and minimal are all good things. Using CSS DIV layouts are favored, because you can place important text closer to <bodY>

tacoX, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  17. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lipsigprice333,

Nice basic explanation of on site optimization. A few more factors to consider for on site opt. are:

1- URL- Having your keywords in your url name will make it easier to rank well in the long run.

2- Keyword density- There is a range that is recommended for keyword density, so check the "Keyword" section on DP for some tips.

3- Outgoing links- Too many outgoing links with do follow on any one page may effect your SERP and/or PR.

4- Content- Good relevant content on your home page will really help SEO as well as content throughout your site.

Off site optimization: This is a must to rank well and the key is a good link building strategy for your well selected keywords. Check the DP forum for more link building tips.;)

pbruessow@msn.com, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  18. hardevzala

hardevzala Banned

Best Answers:
    yes You r Right SEO is a part of HTML. You Post All the Topics is Very Useful

hardevzala, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  19. Bloomtools

Bloomtools Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is a part of HTML, spider read html code only between head!

Bloomtools, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  20. CheapSEO

CheapSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    On-page have fix method but seo need large amout of back links that you can get from Off-Page.
    Off-page is big and changable.

CheapSEO, Sep 5, 2008 IP