1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned from SERP - for how long?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Lonny.P, Apr 20, 2006.

Hello there

I have a quesion, the trucking site that is in my signiture is banned from SERPs yet ranks very well on google... I fixed everything that could be considered spammy by yahoo..

how long will it take until they will reindex it and add it to their search engine ranking? I used to be positioned first...

Lonny.P, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  2. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Your site seems to be listed in Yahoo, doesn't seemed banned ...

1 - 10 of about 6,840 from www.loadmove.com - 0.33 sec

If your question is about when you will hit the serps, thats a different issue, make sure you are not using duplicate content to start, next you want to make sure your onpage and offpage optimization is adequately configured to allow you to place on yahoo serps.

Hope this helps.
    Frank

LaCabra, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  3. Lonny.P

Lonny.P Peon

Best Answers:
    onpage and offpage optimization - what exactly do you mean can you provide an example?

Lonny.P, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Offpage optimization includes good title tag, good description, choice meta tags, good anchor text in your incoming links ...

Onpage includes good headings ...

Smyrl, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  5. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    There are many aspects involved and can't cover everything in this post. I'll give you some tips. First and foremost make sure you have good relevant and unique content on your pages. Directory listing are not always the best content as it is limited to a few lines and generally duplicated on many sites (i have this problem). Also sites that are Amazon webstores are not always the best either as the content is spattered on thousands of pages on the net.

Make sure you have good relevant titles, headings and meta-tags on your pages. Ensure each page is focused on a particular aspect/service/product of your business and the term you want to rank well in. Don't try to optimize one page for several keywords or phrases if at all possible. Write the content as you are writting it for your customers not search engines. Emphasize where you need to (bold/italic/underline), add pictures where applicable. Link out to other similar sites that have good information. Use the keyword or term as you would when conversing with someone. Don't over use the term in your content. Make sure your page names are indicative of the keyword ie: www . abc . com / truck-tires.htm and graphic names also include your targetted keyword ie: good-year-truck-tires.jpg

Build your incoming links. Have people in the same niche link to you if at all possible. Write articles and submit them to article directories and submit your site to online directories to gain as many backlinks as you can.

Anyways there are some very good posts and threads available here on DP just spend a little time searching the forums.

Good Luck!

LaCabra, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  6. tfbpa

tfbpa The....Alive

Best Answers:
    Indeed it seems you are being punished for something, otherwise you would have more pages cached than only the homepage. Same happened to one of my sites on 05may05, so almost 1 year ago and it's still penalized. So it could take a good while...

Don't know what caused it for you, but for me it was a sudden spike of 130.000 backlinks which Yahoo didn't like much ;)

and they are not very forgiving, not even after several re-re-re-inclusion requests...

tfbpa, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  7. Lonny.P

Lonny.P Peon

Best Answers:
    What If I'll pay to get included in their directory? will that help?

Lonny.P, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  8. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it won't help.

gemini, May 1, 2006 IP
  9. Lonny.P

Lonny.P Peon

Best Answers:
    So how long should I wait if I fixed the problem on the site already

Lonny.P, May 1, 2006 IP
  10. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't know the answer to that question - I don't work for Yahoo. But I do know that I had a problem with one of my sites (similar to yours) which ranked about 3 years #1 for majority of my keyphrases and now ranks #43 only for 1 and completely disappeared for other ones. The site is legit with custom content and not tricks - had always great rankings in Google, Yahoo and MSN. Also my directory (in the sig) lost a couple of rankings after the April 21st update - today out of 113 phrases (where about 50 of them were #1 and #2) only 9 can by found by DP Kywords Ranking tool - everything went south after I've been there for almost a year. No major changes were made and Google still likes me very much. BTW the fist site I mentioned is in Yahoo Directory and featured in Yahoo Local - no rankings though. And I discovered a lot of people that got hit by recent changes in Yahoo. Looks like a lot of new sites went up. I emailed Yahoo a couple of times about my fist site and both times I got (the same) standard reply that my site violates their webmaster guidelines - which is not. Well, hopefully we'll find out what's happening sooner or later.

gemini, May 1, 2006 IP
  11. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like there are big changes on Yahoo this morning. I see there are a lot of sites poped back where they were to the tops of their results. Hopefully it will be tuning up the right way. My first site I mentioned in the previous message went back to #2 on my main keyphrases... waiting to see more :) Anyone else seing similar results?

gemini, May 5, 2006 IP
  12. Lonny.P

Lonny.P Peon

Best Answers:
    Still nothing, it won't even update the old links.. the search engine is linking to outdated pages... this is so frustrating..

Lonny.P, May 5, 2006 IP
  13. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    ive been penalize or blacklisted from yahoo for 1yr..
    ive tried everything to get back in, now scraper sites are making it even harder by stealing our content and making sites out of it and yahoo cant tell who's content is original content..

bloodwrath, May 5, 2006 IP
  14. Lonny.P

Lonny.P Peon

Best Answers:
    So what is the solution to our problem?

Lonny.P, May 7, 2006 IP
  15. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is a certain solution here... Yahoo is like a monkey with a gun - never know where it's going to shoot. I just noticed one of my sites again back to #2 on its major keyphrases after a couple of months "being penalized for non-compliance with their guidelines"... interesting what made them change their minds - I haven't done anything on my side anyways.

I also noticed that RSS/XML links in Yahoo SERPs are no longer available. Does anyone see the same? I wonder if this is relevant or not.

gemini, May 17, 2006 IP
  16. brianna

brianna Guest

Best Answers:

Yes they can. Domain age. Oldest domain stays.

brianna, May 20, 2006 IP
  17. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    your wrong..
    my domain is older than any of the sites stealing my content and yahoo is telling me IM the duplicate content not the original source..

bloodwrath, May 22, 2006 IP
  18. brianna

brianna Guest

Best Answers:

How are they telling you this? If this is the case I could duplicate my competitions site and penalize him. Which is not possible. There must be some other penalty or filter in place that is hurting you. Maybe too much crosslinking on the same IP block etc etc...just some ideas hon

brianna, May 23, 2006 IP
  19. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi the reason i suspect this,
    i use http://www.prioritysubmit.com to submit my site to Yahoo! Search Submit Express thier Paid Inclusion, and they have tech support that, have some idea why yahoo rejected my site, yahoo wont tell them much, but thier do have some idea's as to why sites are banned or disliked by yahoo..

And i took care of the links a long time ago... so im not sure why
    they just keep mentioning dup content...

bloodwrath, May 23, 2006 IP