1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newly purchased site, Googlebot hasn't come since Aug 12

Discussion in 'SEO' started by webwork66, Sep 3, 2008.

I purchased a site in early August. Made some small changes to the site on the old owner's server. Googlebot came and hit the site on Aug 12 and hasn't been back since.

I've added the site to Google Webmaster tools, GA, and I added adsense on the site. Just the other day I moved it to my server and updated the DNS info.

About 2 weeks ago I started some promotion via social bookmarking, article submission and directory submission. I can find my articles out on the web with links to my site. The site has been bookmarked in Delicious and others for a few weeks. But still Google isn't coming to crawl my pages. Why?

Any help is appriecated.

webwork66, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  2. juliensimon

juliensimon Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you make any changes in the website?
    did you change your script at all ?

juliensimon, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  3. webwork66

webwork66 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure what you mean....I made some small changes to the CSS and some very small content changes, added a line here and there.

The site is small, 4 pages that anyone can see and then 4-5 pages that registered users can see.

I'm going to add more pages, "About Us", etc. Maybe that will help. It just seems strange that Google hasn't come back to my site in 2+ weeks.

webwork66, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  4. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Add new content. Google may see your site as not needing to be crawled due to lack of activity.

mizaks, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  5. rankingbyseo

rankingbyseo Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry friend......Now a days Google is taking more time. Change your web content if possible and do some good linking.

rankingbyseo, Sep 3, 2008 IP