1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is free host always get low PR?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by zzxxcc, Sep 2, 2008.

It seem Google know me more than I know Google. Google know my IP, my search history, who come to my site and seem it know where did I browse too. My question come up today, if I want to learn more on website design I should have more websites to write something else , I have limit budget so I want to have more free host.

Is google know that I use free host so it index my site slow and give low PR on the free site like blogger and free wordpress host? Sorry for this stupid question but to be success on website design are traffic and PR which is measurable quantity. Need suggestion from your experience on free host relationship with google? Thanks

zzxxcc, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  2. prodigenius

prodigenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Put it this way...you'll never great a great PR from those hosts. But you can still do pretty well.

prodigenius, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  3. MarbleHost.com

MarbleHost.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Many free hosts have also paid option. Google cannot recognize if you paid for the hosting or not. The other thing is server uptime and load time. If these factors are bad it can decrease your rank in google.

Anyway it has nothing to do with pagerank - pagerank is counted by algorithm which take into account incoming links and not where is your website hosted.

MarbleHost.com, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  4. Onera

Onera Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to build a site on a free host. With $25/month hostgator reseller account, you can host a large number of sites. Hosting on a free site is no no if you are serious ablut building your business.

Onera, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  5. freespace

freespace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pr is based on links not on where your hosted.

So sites on free hosting do have PR and its based they have links pointing to it.

freespace, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  6. vvs8787

vvs8787 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had couple of free hosted sites.. They all popped up with pr 4, 3 and so on.. So you can not say that free hosting doesn't get pr... The traffic and indexing are also good..

vvs8787, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  7. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Not really, I do not think that Google discriminate against free host, in fact for a few of my sites, those having PR3 and getting it easier and fast are those on free hosts. My paid hosts domains seemed forever stuck at PR 0 for most of them.

wisdomtool, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  8. lxguy

lxguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my view,PR has nothing to do with your host,whether free or paid.PR largely depends on your site's backlinks and the backlinks' quality.

lxguy, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  9. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Most webmaster I know have pretty good sites that are free hosted, but yeah, not enough if you are thinking for serious business.

WishBone, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  10. jingwen

jingwen Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so,if your web has a good traffic, good content, you can have links from other web, your PR would high,it's not the question about free host.

jingwen, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  11. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, What about Blogger? Isn't that a free host too?
    Hosts don't have any compact on PR or SERP. Your site is as good as the SEO done on it.

Abhik, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  12. CineTube

CineTube Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that PR depends on any kind of host. If your website has a good traffic, good content, have links from other websites, your PR should be high.

CineTube, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  13. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think so , i have seen so many blogs on free blogger hosting account and those are having good page ranks also . One of them is labnol.blogspot.com .

atulperx, Sep 3, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  14. www.rapidvectorseo.com

www.rapidvectorseo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate free host...
    as recently one of the free community had redirected all URL 's to main site and my 3 PR blog went to 0...

www.rapidvectorseo.com, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  15. Kurg

Kurg Member

Best Answers:
    subdomain PR is treated like another site so to answer your question... no, you won't get less PR because it's a free host. You MIGHT get less PR because people won't link to you since you're on a free host but that has nothing to do with google.

Kurg, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  16. MarbleHost.com

MarbleHost.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That's right. If you from any reason don't to buy quality web hosting package then you should consider to go with free web host allowing your own domain instead to use free subdomain.

You should also keep in mind that if you use URL like something.freehost.com and the freehost will cancel its services you will loose all PR because you will need to start with the new URL.

MarbleHost.com, Sep 3, 2008 IP