1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hiring a Link Developer

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Synchronium, Sep 2, 2008.

So, I was wondering...

When it comes to buying links, what's the average price you'd expect to pay for a respectable link? What kind of price is reasonable for what kind of link?

Is this one of those things where you really do get what you pay for or is ti easy to get ripped off?

Synchronium, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  2. eautocad

eautocad Peon

Best Answers:
    WHY would you PAY for links! I just dont get it.....

eautocad, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  3. TakeThat

TakeThat Guest

Best Answers:
    You don't buy links, you earn links, by producing amazing content and letting people know about it.

TakeThat, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  4. Synchronium

Synchronium Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not actually buying any links. I'm just wondering, for those that sell them (or their services getting them), what the going rate is.

Synchronium, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  5. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't SELL links. I find great links. My "going rate" is a $5 monthly membership for 30 great links. I've already got two .Edu links for September's packet. :)

Backlink membership

AngelaE8654, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  6. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a stock knee-jerk response. Not everyone has a blog or informational site.

If you have an eCommerce site, then that 'amazing content' is limited to the manufacturers sales pitch. In essence, most eCommerce sites have duplicate content unless it is a unique and exclusive product.

So you do what you have to do ... buy the links.

As for the price, you get what you pay for ... I guess. I would want to know what site they will be on and location on the page. Both the site and page location can influence the price of the link. Generally links inside of a blog post will run you higher than even a site-wide link on the same site. Higher traffic sites (notice I did not say frickin' PR) demand more money due to not only the exposure, but also the quality of the link (inside the page content).

If you want more info on how to price links, or at least ballpark it, try the LinkWorth Tools which will help you get an overall feel for it. Specifically look at LinkRank and LinkQuote.

Dodger, Sep 2, 2008 IP
    dcristo and sultanofseo like this.
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Dodger thanks for bringing some logic to this thread!

dcristo, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  8. TakeThat

TakeThat Guest

Best Answers:
    Dodger, I work for a company that started as an eCommerce site, they then realised that this was no longer enough in a competitive industry, they now have added a blog to there website, the result? Convincing customers to buy by providing them indepth information and increased SERPS rankings.

TakeThat, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  9. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Dodger, there are some instances when you will have to purchase links. Finding links that are sometimes difficult for some businesses.

If you do want some backlinks, visit my Internet Marketing Strategy Experiment Blog. I give away lots of locations to get some high PR links.

Cbrooker, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  10. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a bad idea to do. But not all people can pull it off. I guess it depends on what you are selling too.

If the blog is well written (sans the hype) with sincere, honest details ... it could get picked up by other blogs and the links will start to roll in if they come off as a respected expert in the field.

Dodger, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  11. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of the recommended ways to drive traffic to a site. Develop a blog, write great content, and promote your other site, products etc.

Cbrooker, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  12. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but people get hung up on that 'write great content' aspect of the whole thing. I cannot begin to tell you how many blogs out there that are just plain trash. And that makes a direct reflection on their business.

My suggestion is hire a professional writer for that type of endeavor. I noticed this in a particular sector of the construction business where companies put up blogs, and just came off looking like total idiots. One blog had so many spelling mistakes and bad grammar, it made cry looking at it.

Dodger, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  13. rainier

rainier Peon

Best Answers:
    why buy links when you can do it all by yourself I mean you can get links through link building and that must be manually, be aware for buying links because this might harm your site.you don't know if the link you buy is credible.

rainier, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  14. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    @rainier - I have seen a website that resells a certain web design product who are doing very well with paid links. I will not divulge who they are in a public forum, but they are paying for 'favorable' blog reviews, post links, etc.

I agree, that you need to be extra careful in how you approach it. But if done correctly can really give you a boost in traffic and link juice combined. Beats the heck out of paying for AdWords, especially in this competitive niche.

Dodger, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  15. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i could not agree more. everytime one of this thread comes along, i see response like this. so everyone will now start creating informational sites and take all the ads and commercial products off their sites so that people can just link to them. GET REAL! we are webmasters who are interested in making money from our sites. and guess what? not many people out there will provide a link to a site who's primary purpose is to make money. besides, if you have a competitive niche, just building free links by yourself might not be enough to get your site ranked high. therefore comes the need of paid links or professional link building services.

good comment Dodger, rep added

sultanofseo, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  16. lincolnpark

lincolnpark Peon

Best Answers:
    watch out for sites that advertise that they sell links and avoid ebay

lincolnpark, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  17. Synchronium

Synchronium Active Member

Best Answers:
    An interesting discussion so far.

No one's given any kind of ballpark figures yet though.

Synchronium, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  18. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    And you won't get any ballpark figures. That is contingent on many factors, all of which have been discussed in previous posts.

Also, I highly doubt anyone will waltz into this thread and give you a quote! :D

I can tell you that I have seen links that are cheap from $10 a month and on up. I have seen some that are expensive, like in the range of $350 or more.

Dodger, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  19. TakeThat

TakeThat Guest

Best Answers:
    How do you propose that people recognize your primary purpose is making money? If you offer value to your visitor the money will follow.

TakeThat, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  20. TakeThat

TakeThat Guest

Best Answers:
    True, also you it is important to understand whether you are building links solely for the link juice or for other factors such as traffic, some links could set you back thousands simply because of the traffic benefit.

TakeThat, Sep 3, 2008 IP