1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How are the earnings these days ?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by amitpagarwal, May 15, 2006.

I am not sure if it's just me but the CPM has decreased considerably since the last week.

Anyone else experiencing it ?

amitpagarwal, May 15, 2006 IP
  2. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You would think that with yahoo and msn both competing now with Adsense this would be the case.

websiteideas, May 15, 2006 IP
  3. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My earnings are good these last few days...almost at my daily records :D

Jarodboy, May 16, 2006 IP
  4. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't generalize the entire monetizing market at once. Each market has a different set of advertisers and a different set of publishers. If your market all of a sudden gets a ton of new publishers, the number of good paying ads will decrease. If your market loses a few advertisers, the competitive price bidding wars go away, leaving everyone with lower paying ads.

When my eCPM dropped a few times over 5 months, I just cut back on the number of ads shown. This often returned my eCPM to average, and when I saw it increase, I added ads (which increased my CTR).

The only way to know if your income is truly dropping is to trend it over time. Here's a graph of my income from when I started monetizing (December05ish) to today. You can see the spikes and drops, but the trending curve goes up. If I look at any 1 or 2 week period, I could think I'd be rich or poor. As long as it trends up, I'm happy.

[​IMG]

Some of my markets can see 1-2 month drops! Nothing to worry about, it corrects itself over time as the market returns for whatever reason. Seasons, holidays, tax day, everything affects markets differently.

dadasays, May 16, 2006 IP
    projectw3 likes this.
  5. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    That's a good looking graph. Take some green :)
    When i look at the graph, i see a smart and hardworking webmaster..

projectw3, May 16, 2006 IP
  6. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha thanks.

I actually don't check my AdSense stats at all except to look at the previous day's stats to update my charts. My CTR is miserable but my average visitor goes 5-7 pages deep, so higher impressions will give one lower CTR, but people return again and again. That is my profit motivation -- gaining information from my readers. AdSense revenue is just a nice side income, but it is inching closer and closer to being almost a full time profit. Over time, traffic seems to build itself, there is very little I have to do to promote.

The big problem for many is trying to make changes and see instant gratification. My blog plan is a 36 month goal, not a 1 day or even 1 month goal. No business succeeds right away, and some of my businesses took 7 years to make a huge profit. I'm in no rush, and those who come and go will only make my sites more worthwhile when people come in 2009 and see 3-5 years of history.

As long as the graphs don't plummet over time, I don't really care. My income could plateau and flatline from now on, and I'd be happy.

dadasays, May 16, 2006 IP