1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned on Yahoo Search - Will Yahoo Search Submit or Yahoo Directory help???

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by ashburnham, Aug 29, 2008.

Here's the scenario... I've joined a company as the sole website promoter about a year ago. When joining I was told the website was banned on Yahoo [by the previous employee] and was asked to do what I can to get it back on. I'm no expert so checked what I could but couldn't find anything wrong with our site or what we were doing. I re-submitted to Yahoo but was not accepted [with no reason given]. I tried pleading with them to the point they have stopped replying. It is really annoying as I have done nothing wrong personally and can't see what has been done wrong to put it right. If the previous employee was using black hat techniques then he has left so this won't happen again but obviously Yahoo don't take things like this into account.

Since then I've kind of ignored Yahoo as we rank well on Google and MSN. Today I've decided to re-start my campaign to get back on Yahoo. I have found a service called "Search Submit Basic" which guarantees to list me for $49. Is this the case or am I likely to be wasting my money cause I'm a banned site? Will I then appear as if I am a normal organic search result or will I get enhanced/penalised cause I am paying?

Secondly, I know the Yahoo Directory is a separate system so [I assume] I could pay to get on the directory no problem even though I'm banned on Yahoo search. Will this then get me listed in the normal search results at all? I assume regardless of this it should help my ranking further on the likes of Google and MSN?

Any help appreciated.

ashburnham, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  2. ashburnham

ashburnham Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry folks who have been reading the duplicated thread.

This is the ORIGINAL thread so post any replies HERE.

Thanks...

ashburnham, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  3. footodors

footodors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will Yahoo Search Submit or Yahoo Directory help?
    Didn't help me.
    Same siuation. My wife's site, Rusticgirls.com, previous owner got it banned years ago (too many affiliate links, my guess).
    I bought domain, removed links and added original content.
    Google likes: http://www.google.com/search?source...US260US260&q=site:http://www.rusticgirls.com/
    Yahoo hates: https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.c...rls.com/&bwm=p&bwms=p&fr=my-myy&fr2=seo-rd-se
    resubmitted here: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/search/urlstatus.html
    No help:
    Applied for directory listing(free)
    Yea, listed here:http://dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Culture/Home_and_Garden/Repair_and_Improvement/?o=a
    No help in search, still index page listed only.

I heard about trying sponsored search. If I was not approved maybe they could tell me why or maybe they'd want my money more and I'd be approved....
    NOT APPROVED: Contacted them via form asking them why I was approved for directory but not sponsored search?
    Reply: Blah, blah, cut and paste...quality guidelines, etc.
    So that's where I stand.
    I have given up on Yahoo.

footodors, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  4. ashburnham

ashburnham Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help. Although my site does not appear in the search listings whatsoever, when I do the site explorer I am getting 36 pages from my domain showing whereas you were only getting your index page. Suggests I might be in a slightly better position but I'm guessing I will probably end up with the same outcome as you.

Did you try the "Search Submit Basic"? Apparently guarantees to list you in the organic search results for $49 per url. Might be worth a try but would like to see if anyone has tried this from my situation before I go and waste my money!

Also, ignoring the whole Yahoo Search thing, did you find the Yahoo Directory helped your rankings on Google & MSN. I have tried the free submission but still not included so was going to use the paid inclusion version. Don't know if it is worth it???

ashburnham, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  5. rharper

rharper Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo... twelve years ago it was a powerhouse.

My site got dropped after changing to an automatic RSS feed.

rharper, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  6. runelgna

runelgna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any solution? i have the same problem :(

runelgna, May 23, 2009 IP
  7. ElusiveStudios

ElusiveStudios Peon

Best Answers:
    If you stick to white hat methods, you should be fairly safe, although there are obviously some exceptions. The best advice is to just keep trying, and eventually your hard work will be paid off. :)

ElusiveStudios, May 23, 2009 IP
  8. shrutisabharwal

shrutisabharwal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yahoo... twelve years ago it was a powerhouse.

shrutisabharwal, Jan 17, 2013 IP