1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just need some Advice for this

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sacada2, Aug 30, 2008.

I tried to quit this challenge but this guy asked me to continue and promised to pay me 500$.

[​IMG]

I got the job done in May, he promised to pay me in June, I waited but nothing came.

I helped him and his Blog to achieve this,but I have not recieved even a thank you from him.

sacada2, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  2. Headshot0123

Headshot0123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you have been scammed. In the future you should be more careful.

If you documented all the work you did you can try and pursue him for the money but chances are you aren't going to see it. Sorry!

Headshot0123, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  3. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a bummer, try confronting him again, do you know him personally? If it was across the internet chances are you won't get the money :(

zurpit.com, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  4. sacada2

sacada2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know there's a lot of scammer out there that's the reason why I tried to quit before, but when I visited his Blog I pictured him as a honest person and he said here he really is.

I know he is still active here, I want to know the reason why he did not fulfill his promise.

sacada2, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  5. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Tried emailing him if you actually have his email. Tough luck for you but just take this as a learning experience and now you are better in SEOs.

amosgoh, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  6. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, this was your own fault. He has no good iTrader to speak of, has few posts, and his post was dodgy at best. You fell right into his trap because he offered a lot of money that you probably needed.

Signs this was a scam:
    + He denied taking lower payments for the work. How does that not send red flags?
    + He agreed to pay multiple people. In the real world, a budget is a budget- you can't just multiply it 5 times.
    + Title says it all: "500 usd rewared !!! " - How professional is that, seriously?
    + He wanted to pay after results- and you still agreed. ALWAYS get paid up front. I don't even accept partial payment, I demand 100% with the promise of a refund if a client isn't happy.

Lesson learned. Just move on.

zac439, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  7. BenjArriola

BenjArriola Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the best thing to do next time is just clear things up and accept some form of payment upfront even before starting.

BenjArriola, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  8. sacada2

Best Answers:
    honestly, I took the challenge not only for the money, I also want to prove something for my self. I know I can do the job with very minimal work if he will just allow me to make a few tweaks on his Blog and I was right, in less than two weeks time, I got the job done. But he told me he was away at that time, when he came out, the Blog was on page 2. But the job has been done for his Blog, I know it will come back on page 1 again as what I've said Here.

I know he is just around, the reason why I started this thread is to let him prove that he is really a honest man as what he has said HERE.

Sorry for me if he will totally fade away, but I'm very proud to say that I helped his Blog (believer1984.com) achieved a first page ranking in Google for the keyword (Muslim Blog).

sacada2, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  9. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    You did not do that !

I did it myself by putting unique content and blogging all day.

Also advertised with few muslim forums to achieve this.

Thats the whole honest.

Anyhow i will pay you 250 usd soon as you did contribute at the beginning in a small way.

Also if you really want to proove yourself then get the keyword ''muslim'' to the first page and then ill add extra 250 usd which will make up 5oo usd.

I am being honest as its ramadan that i worked myself to bring the keyword to first page. Also futher to back this up i have a pm from you sometime ago clearly stating that you will no longer carry on unitll you recieved first half payment first. so stop getting over excited and saying you did it when i worked hard myself in last few weeks.

:D

so this is fair that ill pay you 250 usd anyway for your small part and if you want 500 then focus on keyword ''muslim'' on first 3 pages of google. That way you will have faith and me and ill add it in my sig that you can accomplish and i wont work for that keyword but leave it to you in coming weeks.

Peace.

believer1984, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  10. sacada2

Best Answers:
    It's fine that you come out and tried to clear things up.
    I did it here! But you told me you are away.

You asked me put your Blog on the first page of Google in May and I did it. You did not say to maintain it.

without my advice you can't reach first page of Google for that keyword

Advertising in forum alone can't achieve a first ranking for your target keyword.
    This is the truth, I submitted your blog to several bookmarking sites, link your site to several of my blogs, made some blog comments to some muslim related blogs in UK with the anchor text "muslim blog".
    Updating your site really helps because I told you Google spiders loves that, but my job has been done for your Blog.
    You promised that in June but nothing came.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not interested and for sure nobody will.
    My last message to you is giving my postal address.Yes I stopped but as I've said my job has been done for your Blog

:D
    What I did for your Blog is not just a small part, it's one of the big part.
    Your Blog former title is "Life is about believing" with no single muslim blog keyword on the body, so how can you reach first page in Google in just short time for that keyword.

You promise here to pay me 250$, Ok, I'll take that, the question is, when?

show them that you're really a honest man.

sacada2, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  11. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep this thread going.

I just want to keep honesty as a muslim in my life and im no cheater.

Ill send the amount this october. ( next month) when i get paid from work.

I think 250 usd is fair as you and me and some 1 else worked for this keyword.

But once you recieve the amount i want you to start another real challenge which i have sent you a pm about.

Sorry one again to all those who do seo work and get let down by clients.

My real advice is always take 50% straight up before you start.

God bless and guide humanity.

peace

sharaaz

believer1984, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  12. sacada2

Best Answers:
    you have all the opportunity to probe that you're a honest Muslim. Pay me first and I will let all the people here know that your really honest.

sacada2, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  13. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    The real question is: was it $500 US or $250 US? It would not be a good idea to become a target on the internet. There are to many bored, SEOer who would like to play.

Sacada2, submit it to the Ripoff Report.com and let him put up with their games. Even the top SEOes will no longer be able to help him. He would then be looking at ~$5,000 to start.

Give him a dead line to pay you the $500 or trash the site's name.

And stop giving him links, or we will think this is your game.

catanich, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  14. sacada2

Best Answers:
    The contract was 500$
    I'll think of that when he broke his promise again.

Give him a dead line to pay you the $500 or trash the site's name.
    sorry for this, I removed it already, thanks for reminding

sacada2, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  15. Kurg

Kurg Member

Best Answers:
    Bleeding hearts quickly get scammed.

It's business, get what you're worth when you agree to it or do nothing.

Kurg, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  16. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To bad, maybe the next time it will work out better.

billaaa777, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  17. cnvseo

cnvseo Guest

Best Answers:
    do one thing in future, always ask for half payment in advance. So at least you got something. And mail all about his ids and sites and advice all not to work with such guy.

cnvseo, Sep 3, 2008 IP