1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with PSD!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by saxDesigns, Aug 30, 2008.

I've been working on a web template in Photoshop all evening, and had saved it as "vpnpronet.com" (that being the site I'm working on) :)

That fact that I had .com included in the name didn't cross my mind at the time as a problem

Now when I return to the file, it is telling me is is a MS-DOS Application file. I've tried renaming it with .psd but it doesn't want to change. I can't recover it via Photoshop, but it was saving correctly when I was working on it

Because of that, I'm not too worried at the moment, but I could really do with some help! :eek:

saxDesigns, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  2. GMROCKS

GMROCKS Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to make it so that you can see the full file name and extension in the folder and then you can rename it with the extension.

in Windows Vista you would open the folder the file is in, Go to the menu and click "Tools", and then click "Folder Options". Under the tab "View" there is a checkbox that says "Hide extensions for known file types", uncheck it and apply the settings. You should see the file with the ".com" replace it with a ".psd". I believe the steps are similar in XP, but I do not remember.

GMROCKS, Aug 30, 2008 IP
    saxDesigns and Varelse like this.
  3. saxDesigns

saxDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    You sir, are a legend. Thanks a bunch! (And yes, it is the same in XP) :)

Rep+

saxDesigns, Aug 30, 2008 IP