1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A couple of questions

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by kiteguy123, Aug 30, 2008.

Hi guys,
    I've never really understood this affiliate malarky, so I thought I'd ask about it here :)

1) What is it all about? How do you actually make money? I've been led to believe that by advertising/selling someones product you get commission on every sale you make, a bit like a car salesman, for instance?

2) If I'm correct in number 1, how much % do you usually get paid? I'm looking for an average figure :)

Thanks,
    Simon

kiteguy123, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  2. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do CPS or CPL. CPS is usually a % and all varies upon what the merchant is interested in paying you. It ranges from 1% to as high as 35%, sometimes even higher.

CPL is getting leads, people who submit forms. This is usually faster earning and much easier to do.

Affiliate marketing is great. One of the best networks, without fail is Market Leverage, signup in my signature if you like. They pay out via FedEx check that is delivered to you once you make $25, easily obtainable. Feel free to contact me if you have ANY questions. :)

flaco, Aug 30, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  3. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    So CPS is like the car salesman. The more he sells, the more he gets paid?
    And CPL is like market research?
    Or am I missing the point? :p

4. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup that's it basically.

Volknet, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  5. kder86

kder86 Peon

Best Answers:
    For CPL you are paid a fix rate for generating a lead. Such at getting $1.25 everytime some enters their email address into a form or getting $25 for someone signing up for a free trial of a diet product, etc. However, if the customer returns to the site and orders more diet products since they liked it, you will not earn any further commission.

CPS is like a car saleman, since the commission is generally percentage based. So the more expensive item you sell, the higher your commission. Also, if they come back to the site and order more products within a certain period of time, you might get commission for those sales as well.

kder86, Aug 30, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  6. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh ok, thanks for the advice guys. +rep given accordingly :D

7. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dfourss, Aug 31, 2008 IP