1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I hate Clickbank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by brokerdedi, Aug 30, 2008.

Because of sales letters. Whenever I see a sales letter I feel like throwing up, closing down the Firefox tab and banning the website from the face of the Internet and then killing myself with a chainsaw for loosing 3s of my life. For crying out loud people, if you want to sell something at least make it look decent!

Stupid ten miles long sales letters are the only reason why I don't promote products from Clickbank. I don't care if it sux, just make it look good and I'm telling this from my own experience, even if your product is what I want, if I see a sales letter it's 100% I won't buy it.

95% of all Clickbank websites are sales letters and that's why I went to CJ. Dammit people!

brokerdedi, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  2. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True, I don't like the long sales pages either. But they work and they convert, that is fact.

Ripped, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  3. inzpiration

inzpiration Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha! Calm down man, don't keep hate in your heart, lol ha! well that's an opportunity then! ... Besides I make much more $$$ with CB than with CJ, you just have to know how to market those "Ugly" Products. ;)

Peace!

inzpiration, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  4. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    My doubt : If you can market those "Ugly" Products in CB, then why can't you market those "decent" products in CJ?

And I really doubt if these kinds of sales pages are those which convert more than ordinary or attractive landing page?

icpathi, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  5. alexs464

alexs464 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mine is not that long :)

alexs464, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  6. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    reading CB articles keeps you busy man ;)

ilook, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  7. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    People are here to make money, not make pretty graphics and sites like that.

Seriously, this is business. If you don't want to make money, go masturbate.

Supper, Aug 30, 2008 IP
    alexs464 likes this.
  8. alexs464

alexs464 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL.

repped man!

alexs464, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  9. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try going to an electronics store and wait for a salesman. Notice how much he talks. That's the point of sales letters. You can't have a salesman talking on a webpage, so you have a sales letter.

The length of the sales page is not important. The copy is important. Some products have a mile-long sales letter which converts once a month. Others have a short copy that sells a thousand copies per day.

As others said, it's business, not a foundation to help people read. If you want to read less, buy children's books.

nadavs

nadavs, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  10. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look at centemax and e4e , they don't have long sales pages, but they convert great , so you can find good products without a long sales page, and promote them

Ripped, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  11. thatsgreat2345

thatsgreat2345 Peon

Best Answers:
    You obviously haven't seen those annoying talking women that just keep talking haha I hate websites that have that.

thatsgreat2345, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  12. inzpiration

inzpiration Active Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously don't know nothing about CB, hey man, simply because CB products are D.I.G.I.T.A.L, they sell much better in some cases, it's easier, no S&H fees.

;)

inzpiration, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  13. brokerdedi

brokerdedi Banned

Best Answers:
    Seriously, is this business? I think you don't know what the hell are you talking about.

I don't care what the seller thinks, I'm talking from buyer's point of view not the seller's. If you want to sell shit, please go ahead and copy yet another sales letter, pop in a crazy spam product and I wish you all the best but I won't buy anything from people who try to sell like that. You have to convince me, not turn me away.

Personally, sales letters associate me with SPAM and when I see one I'm 99% sure it's just another out-of-the-box crap product and an idiot behind it trying to make a quick buck so I try to avoid them.

Take a look at these:
    http://www.conversational-hypnosis.com
    http://www.rocketpiano.com
    http://www.getgoogleadsfree.com

I can't believe anyone would purchase anything from those pages and Clickbank is 99% like that. And now take a look at these:

http://www.reversephonedetective.com
    http://www.allpspgames.com
    http://www.errordoctor.com

They are all Clickbank merchants, can you spot the difference? It's not what you sell but how you sell it and taking the approach shown in the first three examples will get you laughed at. Don't treat your customers like they're stupid, keep it short and sexy because first impression is what counts and looking at sales letters over and over again make you feel trapped inside a SPAM circle.

And your comment above just shows how limited your mind is and I really feel sorry for people who embarrass themselves with promoting products such as in example above.

14. YoungWealthRevolution

YoungWealthRevolution Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow......someone needs to Calm Down...

Most of the products that break $50k a month have a nice Sales Copy.....

Hey, if it pays your Vacation.... then I would do it ;)

YoungWealthRevolution, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  15. brokerdedi

brokerdedi Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm not a fanatic, I'm just being honest about what I think about sales letters. If you want to do it, please be my guest but why be average and make less if you can do it with a style and make more? It's the art of selling.

16. eambrausa

eambrausa Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree I don't like long sales letters, those websites with a woman talking also suck, it make me nervous, it would be fine if someone had to press play for the thing to start....its like forcing people to listen, I read an article about it, this is one thing you cant have on your landing page.

But there is one product there, is watch tv on your pc, there is a blondie girl very cute and she is wearing a very very short white mini skirt lol, nice hehe

eambrausa, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  17. mmd10

mmd10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't think I've had enough experience yet to say for sure but...my own personal opinion is the shorter the better. When I come across a long sales page I just scroll all the way down to the price first. I've noticed too that the longer the page, the more expensive it is. I'm sure they work or they wouldn't have so many but I prefer short and to the point. If it's interesting enough for me and I see a need or value, price is secondary.

mmd10, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  18. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    What you seem to be missing is that you're wrong. Your opinion doesn't qualify as fact. Just because you don't like sales pages doesn't mean the entire world does too.

These sales pages have been proven to sell on a statistical basis, a psychological basis and an actual basis.

Here's the deal, you may not like sales pages. You might know someone that doesn't like them. But for everyone of YOU that don't like them, there are 99 other people that get frisky for them.

The thing about it is the facts are against you. Do you have anything besides conjecture to base your argument?

All you've done is come into the clickbank forum, to piss and moan about it. You'd think if you knew so much you'd have something better to do with your time. I know you'll just have to "defend yourself". You came to this forum, just for a fight. Go away, come back when you have something to add besides bitchin'.

Supper, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  19. kinitex

kinitex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's been a while since we had one of these idiots pop in to say hello and share their feelings, always a good read.

kinitex, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  20. LTY83

LTY83 Peon

Best Answers:
    @brokerdedi - I don't give a rats ass if your too noob to ignore the facts. Don't promote CB products, thats just more sales for me.

LTY83, Aug 30, 2008 IP